What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Game Rules Discussion

And you will be able to create chat rooms for other languages, because many people only speak the native language and switch between Discord and the game, not really practical. And personally, if someone writes in a language that I do not understand, how would that bother me ?

Last edited:
If found to be in violation of any of these rules. Your account maybe out right terminated, reset to zero or reset to an earlier status.
is quite harsh. Why not just banning for some period?
What exactly earlier status mean?
Even in reality there is limit to punishment, we shouldn't feel like we live in dictatorship by playing just some fucking game.

Ah yes... now I used vulgar language... here we go to the next:

1.3 Do not use excessive profanity
I think it's okay to cool down some folks by punishment if they start to swear/curse because they lost their cool... but what's wrong with using such language, then there is a discussion with backed up arguments (aka. constructive criticism).
We're not actually creating an perfect world utopia heaven for Mr. & Mrs. Rights.

2.3 Do not wall ride, use glitches etc to gain advantage over other players.
Does that include shortcuts? I don't think including the reallife-sim-rule ALWAYS-2-WHEELS on the track is appropriate.

And what about steering help in SIM-VS? What if experienced player... lets say he(maybe she?) uses that steering help to break WRs, which otherwise are not possible. (though I will investigate by how much it actually affects the performance somewhat later).
In drift-mode steering help is OP, but in drift-mode no one cares about it as far as i know :)

I want to suggest, that my only issue with the rules is. if reporting instances requires a replay as I am sure a lot of them will, the ability to save a replay should not be locked to RP. Either the item should be free or the ability to save a replay just be a default option in the game no separate item required.

Blue text for my responses.
The following rules are currently being worked on. Expect them to change. Feedback welcome.

General Game Rules

1.1 Do not cheat or use tools or glitches to gain advantage in game. Pretty standard.
1.2 Do not harass other players (including staff). This includes racist, homophobic language etc
1.3 Do not use excessive profanity Hard punishments listed below for something that is a subjective decision, varying by degrees? Not comfortable with that. Harsh punishments = either objective measurement, or extreme anxiety which in the case of a game will hurt the playerbase.
1.4 Do not set up multiple accounts for the use of boosting yourself or other players. Talked about in Discord and seems reasonable. Boosting should probably be defined elsewhere and with easy access for new players though.
1.5 Do not share your account with other people, you will lose it. Just plain good advice, another common rule as well.
1.6 Do not modify files in the game directory or reverse engineer them. Basic anti-hack. Again pretty reasonable and common
1.7 Do not promote websites or services in game such as your Twitch, YouTube or affiliate links.
1.8 Do not impersonate other people, this includes celebrities, YouTubers and streamers etc.
1.9 Do not monitor network traffic to work out other player's IP addresses.
Pretty standard between my last comment, down to this point.

Gameplay Rules

2.1 Do not intentionally ram people during races. Okay, making this an official rule is potentially a problem. We are not iRacing or GranTurismo, and even GT just puts rammers against each other. If players are subject to the harsh punishments listed, I am afraid the reason this isn't generally done (except in very high level simulations) will become apparent. This is not a sim, this is an arcade game. We really should just give the players the power to kick players that are causing trouble for any reason. No questions asked, no further penalties. A blacklist to never allow a given player in your rooms in the future may be good as well.
2.2 Do not intentionally block tracks. Do you mean "obstruct"? Not sure if you are referring to blocking as a maneuver or just setting your car on the track and doing nothing.
2.3 Do not wall ride, use glitches etc to gain advantage over other players.
2.4 Do not use bots or helpers to gain an unfair advantage over other players. These two are pretty common.

Crew Rules
3.1 Do not include profanity, insults, registered trademarks, derogatory remarks, sexual or illegal words or sentences in your crew Name, Description etc
3.2 Do not link to anything other than your crew website.
3.3 Do not make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities All seem pretty reasonable.

Community Rules
4.1 Any form of racism, hate speech, witch hunting, sexism, personal attack, or harassment (this include DM harassment of another user of our server) will result in a mute, and may result in a ban. Offensive jokes do count under this rule. Pretty standard, but I am already concerned that this will not be implemented evenhandedly. I hope this improves.
4.2 Only Safe For Work content is allowed. NSFW/L content will be deleted on sight. Continuous disregard of this rule will result in a mute, and/or a warn. It might also result in a ban. By NSFW I think you need to understand that by US standards, the game is already NSFW. If you are basing this on (British?) culture, there are going to be some problems since this is an international game and standards vary from nation to nation. You will have to be more specific.
4.3 No drama from outside sources. This includes other Discord servers, reddit, forums or anywhere else it might've come. Remember that airing dirty laundry in our public channels is also prohibited.
4.4 Keep discussion in the relevant rooms. We have many chat rooms for all sorts of discussion. Please keep relevant discussion in each of their respected rooms.
4.5 Only chat in English unless specified. Our team and Discord as a whole speak and type in English. Please only speak and type in the English language in the main chat rooms. Localised chat rooms will be set up if required. Please only talk in that localised language in those chat rooms.
4.6 No Spam. Spamming your YouTube Channel, Instagram or what ever will result in a mute. There will be a room dedicated to self promotion but only for Project Torque or gaming related content.
4.7 Politics Free Zone There will be no discussion on local or world politics in this Discord as it is a Politics Free Zone. We don't care what or who's side you are on. This place is for gaming only. This includes gaming politics such as GamerGate.
Standard between here and last comment.

If found to be in violation of any of these rules. Your account maybe out right terminated, reset to zero or reset to an earlier status. Woah woah woah, this applies to a violation of any given rule? That's pretty extreme. Technically you could ban a player for talking in Spanish one time, or that's how this will be read. Talking in Spanish one time equal ban, while hacking the game and making fun of others for losing could potentially have the same consequence? I don't think this is what you mean, but needs serious clarification if you don't want people to go crazy over this.

All players are responsible for their own account. If you share your account or let others use it and they break a rule, we do not take this into account when it comes to our decision.
You should set a strong and unique password. We are not responsible for account hacks due to poor passwords generated by players.

Players who have committed offences before these rules were made public on October 27th, will be looked at case by case. There is a reason most nations do not punish a person for violating a law before it is written: it is downright cruel. Just no. Not unless it is something like they made some serious hacks or otherwise did something really atrocious.

Last edited:
And what about steering help in SIM-VS? What if experienced player... lets say he(maybe she?) uses that steering help to break WRs, which otherwise are not possible. (though I will investigate by how much it actually affects the performance somewhat later).
In drift-mode steering help is OP, but in drift-mode no one cares about it as far as i know :)
Steering help is not a glitch, that's a game option.

I have but never heard of steering help bugs. SH simply helps you when your car starts drifting, that's all it does. You can't beat a WR with it.
for someone who is using keyboard and also not very good.... you don't know how steering help helps for more advanced players. Especially for analog steering. Try to be at least same fast as me first. And btw I am still slow compared to other guys. So think about it.

Some of these rules point out negative actions people can take. Don't point those out; keep the rule, but remove the chatty justification bit at the end.
Example:
"Don't monitor network traffic... SO THAT YOU CAN FIND OTHER PLAYERS' IP ADDRESSES".
Suddenly, half of my coder friends would be thinkin': "yeah, neat. I hadn't thought of that just yet on my own. I bet I could script up a...".
I recommend just shorten to keep the important first-half, or reword the second half to not say the bad action outright.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

There are also two rules about not insulting other player (Rules 3.1 and 4.1), yet the game's default chat string #5 is "Loser."

Last edited:
4.7 Politics Free Zone
4.8 Religious Free Zone (next to politics, religion is generally also a "sensitive" topic and 9 out of 10 times causes some kind of trouble from my experience).

"Do not Wall Ride"
Does this include Dam Drifting? what other places have wall riding to watch out for?

o_O o_O
The first GIF makes me LFMAO!
But Jack meant something else - going through a corner by intentionally hitting the wall, so that you "ride" the wall in it. When you're in the game, go for practice on Sim or Arcade VS and choose a Tokyo track named "City Tour #1". It has a tunnel with two 180 degrees corners. Noobs don't bother slowing down there, they just hit the wall intentionally and their inertia takes them through the corner by "riding" the wall. That's a glitch in the initial versions of PT and which Invictus later fixed, hopefully it will be fixed here as well.

Most important in rules is that they should be clear. It will save lot of time to everyone.

For example mrw 2.1

Drake-Hotline-Bling.jpg

If you don't want to get numerous false reports, remove brakets and make it clear as much as it possible, for example add description about in which cases ram is allowed (at least few examples). It will save you a lot of time then.

Also such things like Wallride and glitches should be in red info line in game, with multilanguage.
And btw what if wallride was performed in private room for world record results?

Overall I'm fine with these rules.

HI ALL >>>>> ALL K BUT I WANT TWO THINGS ...

1-INSERT ROOMS BY ARABIC LANGUAGE

2-MAKE BAN FOR 1 MISTAKE BY 1 MONTH FOR EXAMPLE OR 1 WEEK NOT BAN FOR EVER FROM 1 MISTAKE ... THATS WILL BE ROUGH ...

for someone who is using keyboard and also not very good.... you don't know how steering help helps for more advanced players. Especially for analog steering. Try to be at least same fast as me first. And btw I am still slow compared to other guys. So think about it.

Controller with analog speaking here:
In general, this helper was made to kill the neutral slide control and pull back the car on grip as soon as possible. In standard values (50%), the car will fight against you to stay on grip.

But there is how to make it work as a oversteer helper on drifting if you don´t use it too strong (im working between 20% to 30% and this is strong enough for me). Finding a sweet spot with your wheel rotation settings to make the car balance the oversteers by himself at the start, just controlling extreme angles or in cases where the car tends to spin out, gives a smooth imput to the wheels, making it looking good and not twitchy.

But this is far from a glitch or exploit.

Controller with analog speaking here:
In general, this helper was made to kill the neutral slide control and pull back the car on grip as soon as possible. In standard values (50%), the car will fight against you to stay on grip.

But there is how to make it work as a oversteer helper on drifting if you don´t use it too strong (im working between 20% to 30% and this is strong enough for me). Finding a sweet spot with your wheel rotation settings to make the car balance the oversteers by himself at the start, just controlling extreme angles or in cases where the car tends to spin out, gives a smooth imput to the wheels, making it looking good and not twitchy.

But this is far from a glitch or exploit.

I am not talking about wannabe-fast-racer-by-drifting. I am talking about sheer speed in SIM-VS. This is actually achieved by driving grip-style (most of the times). You can apply all the theory about as "oversteer helper" all you want, but if STEERING-HELP gives extra 3-5% extra grip... that's it. it's extra performance boost. How is this not bug-abuse?

About smooth input (we talk about analog gamepad) I've seen one at least one guy doing wonders with his Stalin. And he was not using any steering help. To be smooth you just control smooth and set up your gamepad (and there is something called steering-response ingame?).

P.S.: Lazy Liquid is your Nickname ingame? Do you play sim-vs? If you're on amateur level, you probably won't feel the difference 3-5%.

I am not talking about wannabe-fast-racer-by-drifting. I am talking about sheer speed in SIM-VS. This is actually achieved by driving grip-style (most of the times). You can apply all the theory about as "oversteer helper" all you want, but if STEERING-HELP gives extra 3-5% extra grip... that's it. it's extra performance boost. How is this not bug-abuse?

About smooth input (we talk about analog gamepad) I've seen one at least one guy doing wonders with his Stalin. And he was not using any steering help. To be smooth you just control smooth and set up your gamepad (and there is something called steering-response ingame?).

P.S.: Lazy Liquid is your Nickname ingame? Do you play sim-vs? If you're on amateur level, you probably won't feel the difference 3-5%.

This 3-5% thing is tottaly new for me. Can you relate more about? Do it happens to the front wheels only or all wheels? Is this documented?
And i agree about the only way to be the fastest to tackle everything without losing grip.

I wouldn´t feel that diference even if i was on level cap, since i dont even use tire upgrades.
And no, i don´t doubt that is possible to deal with the analog handling with no assist, drifting or not. If its possible on Assetto Corsa, there is no reason to be unable to do it on PT.

This run happened on Sim Vs, with about 25% of stering helper and 720º wheel spinning.