What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Will CTF come?

Molly_G36

Hi
I was wondering if CTF will be in the game too? In the FAQ thread under "Game modes" Sumo and CTF are missing.

If you stroke it just right, yeah. XD seriously though, yes CTF will be there at launch, sumo and modes from heat online won't be in at launch but will be ported over eventually.

If you stroke it just right, yeah. XD seriously though, yes CTF will be there at launch, sumo and modes from heat online won't be in at launch but will be ported over eventually.
CTF the hardest game mode for me, because of ping issues back in the day, even worse when ip-ban was a thing and i used vpn to play... now let's see how it goes

What was the build? where the lorry trailers flew in the air if you drove at speed under them- lots of fun i must say.

Sumo and CTF were my go to modes EVERYTIME aside from Explorer lol! Looking forward for sumo to be added again! I hear the M3 doesn't have a variant yet either. My car of choice for nose spins and tail spins after soaring through the skies at top speeds??? I have so many people ready to play.

The beta has CTF no sumo yet so I was just hoping it'd come back. Feels a little bit different than the last release of heat online which I kind of preferred. Heat in it's last days seemed like it was functioning great other than the hackers teleporting all over.

that is because this build is from PROJECT TORQUE NOT HEAT ONLINE. Heat Online did not run great at the end. free roam had massive memory leaks and the teleporting wasn't hackers it was lag from how screwed the coding was of that build. The game is being revived with the most stable build of PT. So free roam as it was in HO won't be back but there are plans for a new free roam mode that will run better and give even more freedom and serve even more functions than the crappy one in HO. BTW the game is currently in alpha not beta.

Thanks for the correction. They were specific people that I played with that would teleport places it wasn't everyone and I ran very clean games with some and with others from specific countries somehow it was jacked up. I wasn't talkin about the free roam, I'm talking about after they did away with the free roam and they only had the lobby that was decent as far how things ran but that bug was insane with those that would ruin the rooms.

if you mean the lobby as in that city thing, yeah. that had a bunch of memory leaks etc. if you mean the old school menu from PT yeah that is what is being used now as a menu with the lobbies etc.

I dont think sarcasm is a good idea in typing chat at all,as not everyone is fluent in english and theres no emotions in texts. Sarcasm is good to catch and funny when they are in your home language but not cool for an worldwide forum. Just saying...

Unless jack says it in a changelog or announcement assume he is trolling and everything he says is a joke. this has come to be the rule of thumb I've learned from being on the discord.

There is a reason his twitch name is Jackster.... pretty sure he combined Jack with Trickster, because that is what he is, a trickster.