What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Testing reward payout changes.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
I have changed a few of the reward payouts for Race, Drift and TA.
These are now live on the server and I would like to hear feedback.

Changes made to Race (Arcade & Sim)
- Higher per mile payout
- Higher Best Lap Time
- Lower Bonus
- Lower Drift Bonus

Changes made to Drift
- Increase of drift points to RP conversion (higher payout for more points earned)

Changes to TA
- Increased per mile RP payout

Last edited:
Need to do something for CTF and Drag(not that anyone really plays Drag) and why lower payouts in arcade? Why only adjust arcade and not adjust both sim and arcade? the issue has never been that arcade and drift bonuses were too high. the problem is every other mode is too low.

Need to do something for CTF and Drag(not that anyone really plays Drag) and why lower payouts in arcade? Why only adjust arcade and not adjust both sim and arcade? the issue has never been that arcade and drift bonuses were too high. the problem is every other mode is too low.

My mistake. Adjustments have been made to Arcade and Sim. That was a typo.
Payouts have been adjusted now lowered. Race (Arcade and Sim) should now see a sizeable boost to payout.

Other game modes will get reviewed, I am looking at Race, TA and Drift as those are game modes I play and can monitor more.
Small steps.

Thank you for responding. I think Bull had a great idea for CTF about making a flag holding bonus. I think that and turning up the payout based on distance from the person with the flag would help. With Drag I'd say just copy what you did for arcade and sim, crank up the race payouts to make the race per time ratio even with other modes.

The goal is to stabilize the rewards so there can be diversified rooms, instead of having everyone in sim and arcade doing perfect drifts all day long , because they are much more worth in terms of rp/xp per hour , we can have some in TA , drift and other tracks in races. If everyone starts to do the Cork map all day , it will get boring quickly , so I personally think that it's a good step forward. Keep on working Jack and co.

Drift changes work out to around 42% increase. Probably going to knock that down a bit as players are now getting around 16k plus per hour.
Only slightly.

Race changes work out around 60% increase to race miles.
Feedback so far is okay on that. Obviously some people mad about drift changes in Race but it is Race mode not Drift...

Waiting on a TA lobby.

Drift changes work out to around 42% increase. Probably going to knock that down a bit as players are now getting around 16k plus per hour.
Only slightly.

Race changes work out around 60% increase to race miles.
Feedback so far is okay on that. Obviously some people mad about drift changes in Race but it is Race mode not Drift...

Waiting on a TA lobby.
Best Lap Time bonus is a bit too high now, as it allows 2nd place to earn more than 1st place. I'd recommend one of the following courses of action:
  • Decrease Best Lap Time Bonus by 10-15%
  • Change the RP calculation such that Best Lap Time Bonus is not affected by the Rank Bonus and Track Difficulty Bonus multipliers.
  • Increase Rank Bonus from 10% per position above last to 14% per position above last. (This means 1st in a full room will give a 98% rank bonus, not 70)
One or more of those would be my recommendation so 2nd isn't ever getting paid higher than 1st from purely racing payouts.

The Best Laptime Bonus has always been an important source of income and if the second one wins it then he deserves it as well as the third one if he gets the BL.
And if the paid out should be higher than the one placed first, then that's the way I think ....

If the 5th placed gets the Best Lap then he usually has more than the 3rd or even 2nd .... do you want to reduce even more if that happens?

Who´s always going to win the best lap bonus on one lap races (like a lot of them are set up ATM)? The race winner, obviously.

I think you also need to see what payouts are like for the 3rd or 4th placed guy across all game modes and match up based on them rather than just the winners. Those who can´t win all the time will go to the modes where they can make the most RP as losers after all.

The easiest way to increase payouts on VS for EVERYONE and to make the mode worth playing is to have more max laps in races regardless of room master´s level. It´s one of the things most players have been asking for since closed beta started. Minimum race length in TA is about 11 minutes with pit stop and CTF and explorer can also have longer races depending on time chosen or map difficulty.

Drag is a problem as no one plays it.

Last edited:
SIM should have a higher bonus

This.

And in top of that, sure...Racing is not drifting but it's waaaay more fun to drift in SimVs than in Drift mode and you're just trying to kill it because reasons. In that case say goodbye to a lot of "CP" Race Bonus Cards you would have sold :whistle:

Here's what I'm talking about...same race, 2 players, basically same conditions...SIM vs ARCADE payout

Just not to mention how easy it is on ARACADE to make PERFECT DRIFTS ;)

What I'd like to see is BETTER payout in SIM, players should be awarded more

SIM PAYOUTSIM.png

ARCADE PAYOUTarcade.png

Race
- BLT has been reduced.
- Clean Sector has been turned to 1, was 0. Lets see what that does

CTF has been changed
- Increased flag holding per km to 150 RP from 100 RP
- Slight increase to chaser's per km from 71.09i13490374randomwhy RP to 75 RP
- Flag pickup to 25 from 10
- Flag steal to 10 from 5
- Flag through gate to 20 from 10

Drag changes
- Per km increased to 50 from 34.69 RP

Drift changes
- Slight decrease in the score to RP.

Sim should have a multiplier over Arcade, not sure why it is giving out same reward. Will look into it.

What I'd like to see is BETTER payout in SIM, players should be awarded more
I'm agree untill it's not more than 3 - 5%.

Both are competitive modes. Difference only that SIm require to have analog input devices (wheel or at least gamepad) for better results.
Disadvantage of keyboard input in top tier car classes pretty noticable. So having a wheel to get better payout imo is kinda not fair enough.

The real issue in Arcade physics itself in this build and require some changes. Especially braking system. If to fix it imo payout should be equal in both modes.
So if devs looking forward in it, then its payout looks legit to me.

The Best Laptime Bonus has always been an important source of income and if the second one wins it then he deserves it as well as the third one if he gets the BL.
And if the paid out should be higher than the one placed first, then that's the way I think ....

If the 5th placed gets the Best Lap then he usually has more than the 3rd or even 2nd .... do you want to reduce even more if that happens?
The most important sources of income in ANY race should be distance and position. First and foremost. If you suggest that the best lap time is more important than the position you finish, why is it that getting the best lap in any racing series IRL nets you maybe 1 or 2 championship points? Because it's not as important as you'd like to think. Finishing position rewards the most consistent driver. Implying that someone who can put on a good hot lap deserves more than someone who is faster overall is just asinine and silly.

I'm agree untill it's not more than 3 - 5%.

Both are competitive modes. Difference only that SIm require to have analog input devices (wheel or at least gamepad) for better results.
Disadvantage of keyboard input in top tier car classes pretty noticable. So having a wheel to get better payout imo is kinda not fair enough.

The real issue in Arcade physics itself in this build and require some changes. Especially braking system. If to fix it imo payout should be equal in both modes.
So if devs looking forward in it, then its payout looks legit to me.
Driving in sim is generally slower than Arcade, so sim needs to be given a higher payout to make up the difference. It's completely fair.

Driving in sim is generally slower than Arcade, so sim needs to be given a higher payout to make up the difference. It's completely fair.
How much?
Would be nice some examples with difference in results than we could talk about it.
And main advandage of Arcade atm - braking, should be fixed (i rly hope so). And after that to change system again if it will be slower or the same?
I understand that is harder to do sim but personally i go there (even without a wheel) because it more enjoying to drive, it's main reward imo.

In fact,I think every game mode should pay an small (Ive said small) extra if SIM is activated. It just feels right,SIM physics is harder and slower,its fair to get some kind of bonus for it. Not a relevant matter but still...