What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Do you want Race Bonus to become an RP item again?

Do you want Race Bonus to become an RP item again?

• Yes.

• No.

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
No because the entire reason Jack has made it cost CP is to make money to support the servers. It is an item to speed up leveling so it should cost CP as an alternative to grinding. To say you don't want this to be CP is like saying you want the servers to shut down.

yeah xp/rp bossters should only be obtainable from random drop boxes and make them buyable only whit real money, i think its only fair.

I think 1.5x bonus could be made for RP as it's gives not as much bonus as the other two.
As we talk about bonus items then I'll also mention similar bonus items for Explorer (25% and 50%) and CTF. First ones give the bonuses for combos and the other - for flags in CTF. These are currently not in the shop, but could make a way to it. Here again the smaller bonuses can be sold for RP, while the bigger ones for CC. That's pretty much fair and should give more income.

I'm for the long term game, long term progression.
Making it with RP will increase speed of progression only and don't give me anything in fact.
Making it with CP and if someone willing to donate, it will be support of devs => support of long live game.
So I voted "No".

In same time these items could be also in some drops, in red boxes, as rewards in challenges etc to have a chance obtain them for free too.

No because the entire reason Jack has made it cost CP is to make money to support the servers. It is an item to speed up leveling so it should cost CP as an alternative to grinding. To say you don't want this to be CP is like saying you want the servers to shut down.
There are plenty of other items that can be bought by CP - 2xRP/2xXP, Girls... Making an item that Invictus had sold for RP is forcing our hands - just like Fart Gaming forcing their users' hands to pay real money.
If he makes the Racing Bonus back to RP, I'll pay real money for 2xRP/2xXP and for Girls and so will my crew mates. If he leaves it CP thus forcing our hands - we'll pay nothing, in pure spite for forcing our hands and trying to get rich fast.

On Sept 25th he removed pay to win items from the shop and yet 2 days ago he made the game pay to win.......................

If he makes the Racing Bonus back to RP, I'll pay real money for 2xRP/2xXP and for Girls and so will my crew mates
Then some other guy will say that need to make 2xRP/2xXP anf girls for RP, or it's p2w.
And in one-two week we'll be all with full Morellos. gg

How these items could be p2w if they not affect on performance and allow just to save a time in progression?
About his thoughts on progression Jack shared here https://community.projecttorque.racing/threads/levelling-changes.87/

The girls were removed and there hasn't been any word on if they would be brought back. and the rp/xp boosters are not pay to win. gaining more rp/xp per race does not make you win the race. it just means you can level faster. It is useful for people who have lives and money but not time.

The girls were removed and there hasn't been any word on if they would be brought back. and the rp/xp boosters are not pay to win. gaining more rp/xp per race does not make you win the race. it just means you can level faster. It is useful for people who have lives and money but not time.
I don't care about winning or losing! I just don't wanna have to do 30 rounds on Wangan or 20 hours on TA in order to get a body upgrade for a car. Even with drifting it's hard enough. For instance, with the current rewards and without RB x3 I get 3k TOPS for 5 minutes of perfect drifts. The highest level car I have at the moment is Stallion and its body upgrades cost 70k each. That means I'll have to do at least 23 races with perfect drifts on Cork for just ONE body upgrade of Stallion! I don't even wanna think about the prices of higher levels car bodies and how many thousands of hours I'll have to play to get them.......... Needless to say this is discouraging, not to mention boring like hell. If Jack makes the reward for 1 perfect drift 30-60 RP, I wouldn't mind, hell that could only encourage me to pay real money. But with the current state of rewards plus the pay to win state of the RB items I don't see a reason to play the game, let alone pay any real money for it.

a perfect drift is 30rp with the x3 bonus....

and there is nothing "pay to win" about it. it is a mmo for crying out loud. MMO's take a shit load of time to progress. I remember in a game with max level of 90 when only at lvl 40 it took at least 1 week to reach the next level. which is proper speed. If you want a game you can finish in 30 hrs go play CoD. but this is an MMO in order for it to survive for years it has to make people work for things. perhaps mmos just aren't your thing.

Also you keep calling it pay to win but then say you don't care about winning..... they why are you calling it pay to win... that phrase means paying to win,as in you give money to win races. however you just said you don't care about winning races. so what you really mean is you don't want to pay to speed up the process of leveling. yet you just said you also wouldn't mind spending real money on it if it made a perfect drift 30rp... as of right now that is exactly how much it is with the 3x bonus. and with jack having the server at +100% it basically doubles that to 60rp per perfect drift right now in the game with x3.... so wtf are you bitching about? the exact scenario you are asking for is already there.

Last edited:
and with jack having the server at +100% it basically doubles that to 60rp per perfect drift right now in the game with x3.... so wtf are you bitching about? the exact scenario you are asking for is already there.
Are you dumb? The doubling at the server is only for rp and xp, not for the bonus points. Doubled server or no doubled server, 1 perfect drift is still 10 points without RB.
I'm calling it pay to win because every item that matters for progressing was made for CP. If the game weren't pay to win, then every single item would be buyable with RP. Considering every single item that can help you progress is for CP, I don't see how the game isn't pay to win. And when I said I didn't care about winning or losing, I meant I didn't care whether I would be first or last in the race. And if I wanted a regular MMO where leveling takes forever, I would play Neverwinter or Perfect World.

actually the server boost does apply to the perfect drift. as all of that gets calculated together at the end of the race. you concept of pay to win is flawed. pay to win is something that gives a one player an advantage over another player in competition. speeding up progress doesn't give that so by definition it isn't pay to win. w/e your personal flawed belief is irrelevant as just the facts matter. Neverwinter and Perfect world are not racing games but if you'd prefer to play those go right on ahead. would rather you go play them than continue to attempt to ruin this game with false claims.

I played the three versions of the game: the first PT; the second called level-R; and the second the heat online. The most interested version version was the first. In that, the experience and the knowledge of the races were more important than money. It was regular a free car win a payed car. The system was guided to a continuous and progresive learning of player by levels. A player with a low level that won a race, took a lot of points from another with an hight level. Taked time to get more powerd and more dificult cars too. It was not a game for those who wants everithing in a couple of days. By the opposite level-r and heatonline were more money guided. There was a lot of payed adds to improve the performance of cars that subverted the player skills. Of course i prefered the first version and i spent more money in that. In the third heatonline i dont spent any coin because i didnt trust in the policy game at all.

What's the point of making it an RP item? If its like that,then just scrap it and make its effect be passive and permanently actived as everyone would be buying it anyway. My vote is "no". This is a item that only makes sense if it costs CP.
If he makes the Racing Bonus back to RP, I'll pay real money for 2xRP/2xXP and for Girls and so will my crew mates. If he leaves it CP thus forcing our hands - we'll pay nothing, in pure spite for forcing our hands and trying to get rich fast.
Sir,excuse me but,what? If you're up to donate the game then why dont you just pay for the Bonus as you would for other items? Its the same idea,isnt it?

Last edited:
That item was an RP item in Invictus' PT when it was hosted by Aeria Games.
As for your other question - neither me or my (future) crew mates like to be forced to do anything. By removing RBx3/making RBx3 a CP item Jack's forcing us to pay real money - exactly the same philosophy WarGaming has for World of Tanks which is the reason World of Tanks is near death at the moment. Apparently many other people don't like to be forced to pay real money.
But if he returns the balance to the game the way it was in the first 2 days of the closed Beta (where RBx3 was an RP item), keeping 2xRP/XP/Girls as CP items, I'm more than willing to pay real money for the game and so is my crew. Considering how the poll is going so far, it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jack broke the economical balance of the game.

Jack's forcing us to pay real money
It's just misleading statement. Why do you do it?
FORCING - it would be if to unlock some level/stuffs, to complete something required to pay. If to win you have to buy something, that would be FORCING.
In case with RB and other bonus items it's not relevant because they doesn't make anything except speeding up progression.

There are 3 types of bonuses and only about this one you have some concern. It makes non sense. Nobody can't understand it here because your explanation out of logic.
I just can assume that you had some plan to level up fast using this item and removing it from RP purchase broke your plan, that's all. In this case I even glad that it was made, because it prevented some break of economics or maybe even exploit.

Comparison with WOT without specific details makes you only looks clueless. There is nothing similar in genre, scale, publisher or philosophy. One was made to grab your money and other revived to let enjoy it again for everyone. Tbh if I was a publisher such posts would pissed off me so much that I'd really added more CP-only stuffs, if you don't see the difference anyway.
You better think what you writing sometimes.

Last edited:
Considering how the poll is going so far, it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks Jack broke the economical balance of the game.
True,but you know whats funny? Its relatively easy to just cast a vote in a pool,but justify why you cast that vote usually is not. What I mean? Well,look everyone who voted "yes". Now look how many posts there is from people actually explaining why they voted "yes". If we're dealing with an important decision,"Yes" or "No" never is enought as a good answer. You need to explain why your vote is the right one and people who voted "yes" just cant. Still,no one did reasonably justified why @Jack "broke" the economy". That said,results of this pool isnt any relevant matter if you ask me.

Also,if RP/XP bonus being for CP is considered "forcing to spend money",why are you OK with Girls and other boosters being also for CP? I'm sorry,but like @Akor said,your explanations barely makes sense.

Last edited: