What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Another threat against former Windows users.

attila7520

Dear Project Torque. I would like to point out a danger, if I may. Before I start. I have to nail it down. I don't do politics. I hate politics. That's not what I want to write about. But still. The danger is what can be expected for us, who do not want to change the current Windows version to the newer one. Steam has announced that it will soon not work in previous versions! But what about those who want their favorite program, project Torque. They either don't have the opportunity to switch to the newer Windows, or they don't want to switch, because they want to keep what works. So what can you do to keep your favorite program without following the violent, selfish thinking of the world? I ask you. Do not follow politics because it wants to move in a selfish direction. The will of the people and God should be followed over politics. Because that's what matters, not politics. For example, I tried win10 several times. But it does not correspond to many things, and so I decided to stay with the 8.1 version. But I want to keep it as my favorite program. So what should I do? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

You could try this workaround to get the files:

The only danger here is people like you @attila7520 who demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of how things work when it comes to operating systems, cyber security etc

Project Torque works on Windows XP or later.
That does not mean you should be using Windows XP or other end of life operating systems such as Windows 7 or 8.

Steam will stop working on these older operating systems because not only do they pose a security risk now they no longer get updates, they also do not have the features required to run the Steam software.
Windows 10 and 11 have new features that web browsers make use of and the Steam client is a web browser.
So support is not longer possible for these older operating systems.

You ask what should you do. I have already told you.
Stop being a moron and update to at least Windows 10.
You do not have to pay for it. There is no excuse.

The only danger here is people like you @attila7520 who demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of how things work when it comes to operating systems, cyber security etc

That does not mean you should be using Windows XP or other end of life operating systems such as Windows 7 or 8.

Steam will stop working on these older operating systems because not only do they pose a security risk now they no longer get updates, they also do not have the features required to run the Steam software.
Windows 10 and 11 have new features that web browsers make use of and the Steam client is a web browser.

Look. I am disabled yes. But not stupid! I ask this for myself. Don't insult me. Can you hear me!? I understand all that. But now you listen. What is the guarantee that I can also use my usual programs on it? Either the protection, or my image file management programs, players, etc. that I use? This is the question. And of course, the update, which I have disabled until now, is still no problem. If these can be solved there as well, I will upload them. I'd rather disable it than unexpectedly, while I'm running a program, suddenly restart the machine without any sign, without saving. This has happened more than once, and that's why I came back to 8.1. Disabling the update, using the programs I use, which I do not ignore. Find a solution to this, and then we'll see. Thanks.

I don't see someone replying like ur responses, Jack. Respect the minds of others, as you want us to respect your mind. He only asks. u can be answered, but without insulting him, Jack. You are provocative in ur response lol