What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Testing reward payout changes.

Don't try you? is that a threat little boy? Your condescending attitude is what makes you an elitist. If you don't understand this then there is no hope for you. Btw don't ever threaten me. Big bad keyboard warrior making idle threats like there is shit he could do to me.

Not
Today
Satan

Stay on topic. Argue about the points I reaised instead attack me personally.

Try not be yourself at least once.

Backing on topic:

Sim VS must pay more than Arcade.
Reasons:
- More people plays arcade;
- It's easier to obtain fastest laps, perfect drifts and cheap wins against who just started fresh;
- Sim VS requires more skills;
- Minimize the population issues between both modes.

Track difficulty bonus and fastest laps should be raised.
Reasons:
- These two features are tightly related to racing, and pure racers deserve to have a better payouts per minute played.
- Fastest lap should be paid for every lap that he go faster. That way, every racer will try his best until the end of the race.
- Track difficulty needs a new formula, considering lenght, number of corners, breaking points, and average speed. That would make people try more tracks, racing or drifting.

Solo big bucket payout X Solo performance payout. They have different styles and odds.
- Getting the first place winning races is a Highlander type of challenge. The big prize will be delivered to one person mostly.
- Fastest laps, perfect drift, clean driving, or even explorer mode are more plural, more people can be rewarded and only depends of his own performance. Making people feel rewarded even not reaching the first place is important to keep people engaged.

BONUS:
Solo training mode should pay something. Anything.
Ok, let's face that PT is considered a mmo racing game (I don't agree with such old tag, since it's just a permanent online racing game like many others on the market), but this game design decision of reward players only when they are racing against other people is outdated. I know that there are the missions and their limited keys, but what I'm telling is that spend hours playing alone and tweaking, recording replays, testing stuff and have zero appreciation is not ok.

BONUS 2:
DRIFT MODE and his endless combo build instead proximity bonuses. A drift mode that rewards tandems instead holding endless combos. Also, this mode must find a way to make people want in more track options.

Well, that's it. Some suggestions are deeper in programming wise, so I doubt that would be at least in game without bring a lot of headaches. But that's my opinion.

Last edited:
Tells me not to personally attack while personally attacking me and calling me satan.... yeah... I'm just going to follow Jack on this one and stop. Conversation is pointless.