What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Some questions from a returning player

Hi all,

years ago i've played both Project Torque and Level R and around 4 days ago i started again here on PT. I'm very happy for this "revival" because over the years i've tried almost every similar game (NFS World, World of Speed, Auto Club Revolution etc) but basically PT always remains what i've enjoyed most for a lot of reasons.

Anyway, as a returning player after all these years also my memory need a revival :p or maybe some clarification/advices, so i'm here to ask:

- Progression and car classes: you know, when we play years ago, we could find a lot of players online, playing almost all the classes/type of cars and most people want to race with the faster cars, so i've started with a Kawana and then i've jumped directly on a Cobra because at the time wasn't difficult to find a lot of players playing with class 4. But actually, i see that the situation is different, i see mostly class 1 or 2 rooms and just occasionally a room for class 4 and higher. So, this time i've started with a Lion (just for trying something different) that now is fully upgraded and i don't know what to do next: buy a class 2 car hoping for the chance to find more players, or grind again a little for an higher class car, aiming to the better rewards, but with the risk of not finding players/room for that car?

- Anyway, any advice about class 2 cars? I mean, i never played class 2, but if i choose to buy one, there's one that perform better (basically for racing) or they can be somewhat equivalent and then depending just on personal driving style because different traction? (at least talking about Hexan and Quadro). I've done a little test drive (stock and with upgrades) and i find the Hexan easily to drive because the predictable oversteer, versus the high understeer of the Quadro, but maybe with some balancing items and finding the right setup (and pratice) the situation could change?

- There's something wrong with the actual build and the kick system? When i was playing years ago i was never kicked out of a room.. but now i have been kicked 3 times in 4 days. I'm talking about races with ghost on, so nothing related to ramming other players for example. In one case, i just can think that is because i win 4 or 5 races in a row and maybe someone was not happy, but i don't see other possible reasons, and also if the reason was my winning streak, i don't think it's a valid reason and so kick a player shouldn't be that easy.

- World record: what really means? There's some bug related? I know what a world record is, but i feel strange that i do a world record with a class 1 car and during the first lap of a circuit race. Example: race with 5 laps, race start and at the end of the first lap i get the message "world record", then i get again everytime i do a better lap (so at least at the end of the second lap). Really nobody did a better time before me? I don't think also because few times i've had a world record during the first lap (that we know is around 3,5 slower than a regular lap) maybe in reality that "world record" refers to my personal best time ever on that track? Didn't remember how it works years ago.

that's all, at least for now.. thanks in advance if someone want to take some time to read and answer :)

Hello there, welcome back :)
You have the best class 1 car available, Lion, at least it's what everyone says because it is the most powerful.
You could also get kawana as it is a lot of fun and can keep up with others when drove properly.
As for what car to buy next, i believe most players skip right to the higher class car they can buy and then when they reach higher levels they get lower classes just for fun.
Most rooms you see now is with players who want to somehow grind for level and rp in easier game modes/tracks
You could spent your currency in 4x4 cars or drift cars..
About the kicking, someone might want to play with friends only probably or maybe you took to long to load the map.
About the world record, it still need a workaround, so yeah, looks like its bugged for now.

Have fun :)

Hi TorQueHQ, thanks for the reply ;)

You have the best class 1 car available, Lion, at least it's what everyone says because it is the most powerful.
You could also get kawana as it is a lot of fun and can keep up with others when drove properly.

Sure, the Kawana is a nice car, as i said when i first played the game was always my first choice for class 1, and also if i love it, this time i've tried to start with the Lion just to do something different.. Started PT the first time with the Kawana, the same with Level R, this time i feel the need to change just for don't start the game for the third time in the same way with the same car :D
Anyway i can buy a Kawana to have also an RWD option for class 1, but i'm looking also for an eventual AE 86 replacement when they start to add modified versions of the missing licensed cars :)

As for what car to buy next, i believe most players skip right to the higher class car they can buy and then when they reach higher levels they get lower classes just for fun.

Indeed i've done that years ago, totally skipped class 2.. from Kawana to Cobra (and next the Spiedo if i remember right) and maybe i can do that again.

About the kicking, someone might want to play with friends only probably or maybe you took to long to load the map.

I don't think.. in all the cases the kick was from rooms with mixed players (6 or 7 players from different crews or without crews, so also with 1 or 2 slot for a friend to join if needed). I can understand for example a room of friends or people from the same crew with me as the only "stranger" but that's not the case, and also watching the player number in the lobby, i'm the only kicked and no one take my place.

I've never took too long to load the map.. usually i'm in the first 3 to complete the loading (i'm always waiting for someone else) also because i have a decent stable connection with a decent ping (usually around 30 or 40 ms on games with european server) and a PC that's not shining new but not even bad (OC quad core CPU, 16 GB RAM, SSD etc) more than enough to load maps in short time.

Also, all the time i was kicked not during the loading of a new race, but shortly after the ending, during the next race voting, so that exclude the loading times as a reason

About the world record, it still need a workaround, so yeah, looks like its bugged for now.

ok, thanks for the info

Мы с тобой катались если помнишь ! Меня тоже часто выгоняют с комнаты....Да у меня интернет тухлый(всего 6 мб). но раньше был еще слабее намного )))) Ты здорово ездишь как и многие другие старые да и есть новые игроки если судить по никам и по их езде. Но хочу заранее предупредить тех кто сейчас заведует игрой-в ней есть чудо настройки по управлению с помощью которых будешь непобедим если конечно руки из норм места ....Я эти настройки не знаю,но видел тех кто по ходу знает про них. Просто поясню-если хотите чтобы все честно катались без чудо управления которые никак не выявить в игре то тупо уберите хотя бы временно настройки управления и у вас сразу онлайн поднимется среди новичков ! Просто эта игра создана для тех кто хорошо управляет рулем на компе .Если конечно получится то сделайте отдельные серваки по рулям и клавам и сразу поймете разницу .А если проще то просто уберите настройки управления и всем будет легче !