What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Shift Down Causes Shift to 4th Gear

AsianSpear

At the start of every race or every repair/reset, pressing the downshift button would cause the car to shift up to 4th gear, regardless of what gear I am in. After doing that, I would have to shift into the correct gear into the corner. This bug has been going since I joined the game a few weeks ago. Thank you!

I'm just curious if you have any more information. I've never encountered this bug myself. But I can't help but wonder if it might have something to do with the "Virtual Gearshift" system. It seems to be randomly enabled by default for some players, and it basically makes it so that you can use your mouse as an h-pattern shifter by moving your mouse in said h-pattern. I'm wondering if whatever buttons you're using to shift could be somehow triggering the game to incorrectly detect mouse movement?

I don't know. Maybe its worth a shot checking whether or not that "virtual gearshift" is enabled. Its a setting in the game tab under options.