What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Non-licensed variants for real cars

How do you think they would look like? I have some guesses:

Mazda RX8 / 03' NSR Dragon-S
765.jpg766.jpg

Toyota MR2 / 97' Phoenix RS
764.jpg7644.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer 2005
397.jpg

Subaru Impreza / 06' Hornet Wega (That rear tho,LOL)
744.jpg745.jpg

Nissan Skyline (R33) / 97' Raptor ZX
718.jpg719.jpg

Toyota Corolla (AE86) / 85' Phoenix Trend
763.jpg

These cars are from LASR/Overspeed and they have similarities with their real counterparts in various aspects like interiors,engine sound and physics.

Pictures are from IGCD.net

Last edited:
None of these are going to make it into PT, at least I think so. The Takura cars are not in PT, there are only the Lexon Blaze and Akira Division R, which aren't in the game at the moment.

I dont know,since @Jack once said that some licensed vehicles would eventually return as alook like replicas (his words),there's a small chance to happen. Also,other people said that Invictus had generic variants for all licensed cars in case of losing their license. Makes sense and if that's true,means that there's already placeholders for real cars in the game files. Since LASR 3d models belongs to Invictus too and shares the same modeling standards,my theory is that those placeholders can possibly be the 3d models used in LASR.

All I have to say about it is that this 86 made my eyes bleed.
Yep. I can say, that car "contains a bit of ae86". Most likely a Mitsubishi Starion, or Cordia, rather than a Hachiroku. Anyway, in LA Street Racing that is one of my favourite cars.

The question that I have is...will there be new cars in the game....i hope more licenced cars will be added

The question that I have is...will there be new cars in the game....i hope more licenced cars will be added
There is plenty to sink your teeth into- info wise, have a read up on these forums and you can draw a conclusion for yourself. :geek:

The main question is... as long as right now there are several games that "borrows" exactly the same model as the cars, but using fantasy names, would that be a great risk for Project Torque follows the same path?

Yes, i like games where all cars are fantasy based on real ones (sometimes more than one car at once, like GTA 5 or LFS), but only if they don´t looks awkward and messed.
Right now i have no complains about the cars in game (except by the Stalion, even knowing people who likes that looks), but looking for what they made in other games like LASR, im quite worried.

The main question is... as long as right now there are several games that "borrows" exactly the same model as the cars, but using fantasy names, would that be a great risk for Project Torque follows the same path?
I did mention that in other thread. @Jack's answer was something like "You cannot sell a Dacia with a Mercedes logo,its still a Dacia." :rolleyes:

But hey,there's already a lot of rumors about this,let's just wait to see what they will bring up to us.

So, no licenced cars yet. Ok, swallowed. But, where are some real life based fantasy cars, like Corus GTC (it was in Heat Online, based on Opel Astra OPC)? or maybe some cars from Street Legal Racing Rendline (also a game from Invictus Games). There are plenty of nice cars, like Bahrein (based on BMW), Duhen (mainly based on Hondas), or Shimubitsu (guess what, based on Mitsubishi), Einvagen (Volkswagen) and there are some more. I dont think it would be too much of work (if someone is into this computing thing), since the models, scripts, skins, car physics, etc are ready in a mainly similar game, from same developer team, just need some cosmetic upgrade, since SLRR first came in 2003 (hey, one of my favourite games, and in two years, SLRR can drink alcohol... time flies so fast...??

So, no licenced cars yet. Ok, swallowed. But, where are some real life based fantasy cars, like Corus GTC (it was in Heat Online, based on Opel Astra OPC)? or maybe some cars from Street Legal Racing Rendline (also a game from Invictus Games). There are plenty of nice cars, like Bahrein (based on BMW), Duhen (mainly based on Hondas), or Shimubitsu (guess what, based on Mitsubishi), Einvagen (Volkswagen) and there are some more. I dont think it would be too much of work (if someone is into this computing thing), since the models, scripts, skins, car physics, etc are ready in a mainly similar game, from same developer team, just need some cosmetic upgrade, since SLRR first came in 2003 (hey, one of my favourite games, and in two years, SLRR can drink alcohol... time flies so fast...??

Heat Online contents will be ported soon.

The cars in Overspeed suck, so we'd be better off without them.
Yeah they may not look so nice,but its better than not having these cars at all. Ive loved to handle and drift the MR2 SW20 in LVR so I would be happy with the Overspeed version which I particulary dont think it looks so bad. I've put side by side pics to compare them,licensed version and Overspeed version,respectively:
índice.jpg764.jpg

Yeah they may not look so nice,but its better than not having these cars at all. Ive loved to handle and drift the MR2 SW20 in LVR so I would be happy with the Overspeed version which I particulary dont think it looks so bad. I've put side by side pics to compare them,licensed version and Overspeed version,respectively:
I was talking about their performance. From all the cars on Overspeed the only two cars that perform great are the Quadro and Phoenix Trend. The latter was a real joy to drive and I'm kiddin'! This car is just perfect! But all the others just suck in performance, especially one black which I think is a Nissan Skyline but IDK which generation. That thing is supposed to be 4WD meaning stable on the road and in cornering but instead it behaves as if I'm driving on ice and without tires. Every time I saw an AI with this crappy Nissan I won by half a lap (driving 40% upgraded Quadro). There's also one car that looks a lot like Honda NSX - that's second worst car. At the 4th racing location (park or whatever) I had cases where I beat this NSX-like car with a whole lap - again by driving the Quadro.
So, out of the suggested cars, I'd agree only about Phoenix Trend to be added in class 1 and if possible - with the same visual tuning parts (Quadro we already have).

maxresdefault.jpg

@SPEEDER_BG,forget about the Overspeed physics,they have nothing to do with PT. If these cars ever return,you can bet they would use PT physics models. The point is using these 3d models to replace the existing real ones we cant use due to licensing,but of course using the physics from the actual PT cars.
Ex.:
Phoenix Trend would behave exactly like the PT AE86 Corolla did.