What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Motivation to play

Ge-Force

What is the reason for the termination of bonuses 2x RP/XP? Despite the recent update in the game, the overall situation does not change significantly. I would like to ask you a question, Jack. Could you occasionally reward players for their activity with 2x RP XP bonuses? At least during the weekend. I apologize for my English. The economy of the game is in terrible condition. There are no bonuses despite the level of the car as it was in Heat Online. I understand, maybe this is waiting for us in the future with upcoming updates. Hope for understanding. Thanks.

thats i was talking about but nothing ! i think all modes need to a look in order to increase the rewards, especially in Explorer mode. One match takes as many minutes as possible, and in the other it is mostly 800 RP Only! after a continuous game minutes !!

Trust me, it's WAY better.
You can get a Class 2 car within the first hours of playing.
You could never do that in HO or LR

Still there is no enjoyable way to grind like there was before (tctf sumo battle mode) now everyone is/was farming in locked rooms (without even playing if you know what I mean) in drag so yes its faster thanks to drag that's all

Even without drag, you still could get a Class 2 in less than 2 hours.
I do agree on the gamemode part though, but there's not much that can be done.

Average payout is somewhere at 400.
A Class 2 costs 40k.
On average, races take around at 2-3 minutes per lap, that is assuming you're in a vote room where races are usually 1-3 laps. For convenience sake, let's say 2 minutes per lap and 1 lap because the majority of tracks set 1 lap on vote lobbies.
That would be 100 races approximately.
With this approximation, it would take nearly 3 hours or so.
I was off by an hour, but this was an estimation. Races pay out various amounts, some of which do not make sense (Come on, Serpentine should NOT pay this low).

3h hours non stop driving without upgrading your class1 to get class2 that isnt even worth it but new players doesn't know that, then they will have no RP's left and quit

right forgot those factors.
In that case it takes longer, but it's still better than HO and L-R where it would take you weeks to rent a Class 2.

It wasn't that much an issue back then because there were a lot of content and you could get free cars and XP from missions which gave you a good start or letting you a chance to change your class1 for free from missions.

I already told you that but a new player that chose corus as his starter (because it has the best stats) wont grind for hours to either buy a new class 1 (lion) or buy a class2

That's why balancing and/or lowering class1 price is important right now.

Assuming new players max out their cl1 they will have 40k RP to buy a class2 car at lvl16-17ish then what? they buy a slower car (stock class2) and realise not many players play cl2 anyway..

I absolutely agree with this, Class 1 needs balancing, which comes with Stage 5.
Content is an issue as well, but right now it's one thing at a time.

I am with you that the game economy is now perfect. That is better than having all cars and in the end the game is closed! But I find no harm in increasing RP and putting Sumo Mode to be more fun. But keep in mind that whoever was developing the game in full copies of a whole team now only two Guys and work without pay in their spare time, patience must be complete until the game is complete with all of its cars and work in all its conditions

I don't think stage 5 is what cl1 needs, corus will still be shit from stock to stage 4
Lion will still be the best starter

the game is intended to be an MMO so some grinding will be needed. This is not Forza. This game does not hand you a free car every 15 mins. To be blunt if people come here expecting that type of gameplay they are joining the wrong game. They should go back to their adhd instant gratification fests. The prices on everything has been lowered drastically. a class 1 car is only 20k you can literally own all class 1 cars in 1 day if you just drive enough. if they go any lower than he might as well just set the prices on everything in the entire game to 0rp and make everything open at the start and get rid of all progression. But then you people would complain that you didn't feel rewarded and don't feel you earned anything. Bottom line you people will never be satisfied. You take pleasure in complaining. Its what the masses do.

You missed the point here but i'm not surprised coming from you, always looking for a chance to write a shitty message to make you feel you so special but truth is you are not.

I complain about how new players doesnt stick around because they dont know shit about the game unlike us and there is literally nothing helping them out, they are just here to have fun and to try out the game and it's not helping telling them oh too bad you took the wrong car at start then now suck it up and play 5 hours getting your ass kicked by lion's players in order to max out your car or buy a cl2.

Imagine you never played PT, it's a fucking struggle to register and if you could register (which tbh isn't hard if you know english but I guess can be hard if u don't) then you are happy you can play then you take the wrong car because stats are biased then you are all on your own against people faster than you no matter what and you get rammed.. Meanwhile there is still nothing helping you, no advice on what to do. If you are lucky enough a player could help you out or you can find yourself how much are the cars and realise fck this i'm out i'm not enjoying this i wont do +100 races to get another car.

I don't complain about my grinding i have got all I need and I did it fairly. I'm complaining this system doesn't help growing up our community then you complain that's no one is playing.

Corus will suck from stock to S4 yes, but there's a different feel seeing that there's one more upgrade stage to aim for.

Well, to be honest, i dont think thats a big problem if someone would pick the "wrong" car. Yes, the Lion is still the allrounder and your car to drive on every track for easy going but the the other cars in class one have there charms too.
For me its the Corus S3 and the Kawana, i like those two the most and drive them the most of the time in class one. True is, you cant win every race, as a beginner you have to go little way until your car is maxed out and you still need to go a bit further until you get used to the driving style of that car.
So all i want to say is maybe players have to be a little bit more patient and drive, not to win but to get experience and grow better in the game.