What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

[how-to] Take screenshots from the game without using Steam's option (F12)

SPEEDER_BG

Since PrntScrn was removed with the latest update and I for one don't like the quality of the images that Steam makes (not to mention the location where it saves them), I have to find another way. Using PrntScrn doesn't always work with games in modern Windows systems (Windows 7 and above), so the user is left with the only option to run another program. Ofc Fraps has a screenshot option but Fraps is an abandoned project, which means there are no updates for it. Or you can use the nVidia's utility to take screenshots and videos - ShadowPlay. However, it requires a key combination for that and during a race there's no time to use combinations, so you'd probably prefer something that can take a screenshot with a single key.
So, if you're like me and don't wanna use Steam's option for whatever reason, you will need Greenshot. It's free (open source) and isn't greedy about resources (uses only 43 MB RAM) and has an option to play sound when a screenshot was taken. It's probably the only screenshot program which can do that (make a sound) from all the programs I have ever tried:

Hello there, Windows comes with a gaming software for free - Game Bar (Windows 8.1 and Windows 10), Just press Windows key + G and set up the key for screenshots. It can also record game play. It's free and works well.

I didn't know Windows had such a tool. You can use it, if you want. I don't trust integrated tools for various reasons, so I prefer external tools.