What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

How long will the game last?

HanleyManster

It's great to see a classic like Project Torque return, I still fondly remember grinding this game years ago and I'm getting back into it. However, I'm a bit skeptical about the game's new lifespan, therefore reluctant to buy some CP. Anything to debunk my concerns?

i most say i aint gonna playing any active if i see all those tracks coming back at thunder alley also that last level car with it! since arcade is pointless to me there is no respect for rules. and honestly im not gonna like to play thunder alley day by day one single track that makes my eyes to pop out!

i want to know how i can delete my account and Driver because i can absolutly not get any Position in any race. I can not get xp and my car is uncontrollable no matter what parts i install. Can somebody help ? Thank you.

The game will be around for 5 years, at which point Invictus will look at renewing the contract for an extended period of time.

All old tracks, modes, and cars from other builds of the game will be ported over in time.

New content that has never been in the game will be added after the content above has been added.

Dude who can't get XP, sounds like you just need to get good dude.

An added note to keep in mind about this revival of PT. This has been revived by fellow fans just like you, not by invictus. There was a crowdfunding to purchase publishing rights from invictus so that the game could be revived. This being said all of the people working on it at the moment are not getting paid to work on it and have normal jobs they work every day as well as families. They are working on this game in their free time out of passion and love for the game. So things won't be added on the fastest of time scales. In the beginning things will be slow, until the game sees money coming in to start hiring people to work full time on the game. You are at the ground floor of this revival and will see the game grow and become not only as good as it once was, but better than it was. However it is going to take time and effort and support from the community that loves the game, that would be us. So be patient and slow the rate at which your expectations are running. Thank you.

i want to know how to delete my account or Racer. I quit the game and it is uninstalled. No more interrest.

The game will be around for 5 years, at which point Invictus will look at renewing the contract for an extended period of time.

All old tracks, modes, and cars from other builds of the game will be ported over in time.

New content that has never been in the game will be added after the content above has been added.

Dude who can't get XP, sounds like you just need to get good dude.

An added note to keep in mind about this revival of PT. This has been revived by fellow fans just like you, not by invictus. There was a crowdfunding to purchase publishing rights from invictus so that the game could be revived. This being said all of the people working on it at the moment are not getting paid to work on it and have normal jobs they work every day as well as families. They are working on this game in their free time out of passion and love for the game. So things won't be added on the fastest of time scales. In the beginning things will be slow, until the game sees money coming in to start hiring people to work full time on the game. You are at the ground floor of this revival and will see the game grow and become not only as good as it once was, but better than it was. However it is going to take time and effort and support from the community that loves the game, that would be us. So be patient and slow the rate at which your expectations are running. Thank you.
Couldn't have put it better myself

I just feel that the main and only achievement that the staff wanted and got it was bring the game back.

But almost sure that won't go forward for too long, since the publisher and Invictus sounds not much together for the project, not mentioning the house of cards that is the backbone programming. So perhaps they will keep the game solid with almost no new feature that put the loco around.

Just my 2%.

And considering how tedious the game can be with small content and the economy curve, well... Wont hook players as it did in past.

I just feel that the main and only achievement that the staff wanted and got it was bring the game back.

But almost sure that won't go forward for too long, since the publisher and Invictus sounds not much together for the project, not mentioning the house of cards that is the backbone programming. So perhaps they will keep the game solid with almost no new feature that put the loco around.

Just my 2%.

And considering how tedious the game can be with small content and the economy curve, well... Wont hook players as it did in past.
Check out the roadmap to see what is in the works for Q1 2020

May have contract for years, but player base stays too low, or game not making money. The contract can be dissolved. Invictus has already done this Twice to Racing game in 2 titles

You have to give it some time... the game hasn't even been out for a month and the advertising for it on steam is just not there. a friend of mine found this game on accident and told me because he knew i enjoyed it back in the day.
If the RE-makers (lol) of this game want it to succeed they're going to need to get on steam butt to advertise it a lot more. Think about it, if no one knows the game exists it doesn't matter what kinds of fixes, changes and improvements are made.

Last edited:
Just remember it's free to play so if it pisses you off with lack of this and lack of that just move on, nothing has been lost on anyones part. But if you do see potential and you are willing to stick with it and help form the game by way of constructive criticism then all good. Feed back is welcome here and on Discord.

Firstly I respect the heavy work done to just obtain the game licenses, secondly you guys talking to people who never played the game before.
All my wishes for the 2020 is to have this game fully maintained & gets the success that it deserve with the blessing from us toward this small group of individual people who did their best to bring for us a free to play game from our childhood.

Firstly I respect the heavy work done to just obtain the game licenses, secondly you guys talking to people who never played the game before.
All my wishes for the 2020 is to have this game fully maintained & gets the success that it deserve with the blessing from us toward this small group of individual people who did their best to bring for us a free to play game from our childhood.

agreed