What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

For those who dont like Open World HUBS :3

Viciogamer47

Well i have seen on the Roadmap post that there are people that hated the Open World in the past. Believe me when i say that in part i understand you, and open world like Forza Horizon 4 so big without Fast Travel and bugs its not good that for sure.

Buuut if its implemented right, i can make the game even better and more social :D For example Forza Horizon 4 (all horizons basicaly xD) they have HUD Worlds when you can travel to the differents events and things of the game, for some people (like me) sometimes its better this because you can have some relaxing moments to just enjoy the view, travel by the map and have fun, you can use it also for practice and in a racing game thats really cool because you can just go and practice some corners and so without having to worry about others ramming you in a race or having limited time if a pro finished way before you can even finish, you just can go by the world practicing what ever you want.

See this video for example, it talks about all the things that have good the HUD Worlds and why it can really help to a game: --------> The Hidden Purpose of Hub Worlds <---------

Also for a MMO its a Key social because you can have a place where find other players and make relations or buddys and having a good time between events or races xD Also can be awesome to chill out with friends making self designed races or events like AR12Gaming does like Hide and Seek and so :p (Of course it has to have Fast Travel yes or yes or it can be tedious like people mentioned xD)

If its posible in this game (when Invictus give the tools) you can even reward exploration by having things around the worlds, like challenges, chest or so on, imagination its the limit, so people by exploring can find things or money or more so they can go and explore alone or in group and have fun, not only race race race till exaustation xD For example when the Missions and keys get in the game again you can find keys somewhere in the Open World, or even cars! Imagine Cars that you can only get by exploring that can be awesome jejeje

If there are people that reaaally dont like open world hub there are an option, Devs say they want to make the Open World as an Events like Arcade and so, but it can be made that from there you can do all the things mentioned before? like if the HUB World its optional if you want to play with it or with menu but both sides can me used and you choose which one you prefert as default jeje

I dont Know if the things im saing can be done in this game, i hope it can because can make the game (for me) even better than those AAA like Forza Horizon 4 xDD If there are things it cant be done tell me so i can know :3

The purpose of this post was just to letting now those people who dont like open world to see it from another perspective and also to give some suggestion for things with open world if it can be made.

Hi there, thank you for your post, devs are trying to implement a less resource-consuming free roam that should not act as a hub world, instead it can be used to enjoy the views and try out several tracks in a row as there is the possibility to merge some tracks together.
There was already a hub world before but it caused many server issues. Let's wait to see how development goes on this.

Well i have seen on the Roadmap post that there are people that hated the Open World in the past. Believe me when i say that in part i understand you, and open world like Forza Horizon 4 so big without Fast Travel and bugs its not good that for sure.

The problem isn't the open world itself, but how the PT open world was implemented back in the days. As TorQueHQ already said, the open world caused server issues, was laggy, not so user friendly etc etc.
So basically we say no to a return of the "original" PT open world, but we can say yes to the open world in another and better form.

Speaking for myself, i've played basically every open world/free roaming racing game for PC, but talking about f2p and/or online only games, i've played a lot NFS World and liked a lot his open world and related mechanics/menus etc. In recent years, when i've tried World of Speed (RIP) was disappointed for the lack of open world like NFS. So for me an open world like that in PT can be a dream, but not the open world that we already have seen years ago.. that can be more a nightmare :p
Anyway, for me if in the future they can bring a different, working and "user friendly" open world (maybe also if only work as a social hub) this feature can be welcome, but for now the game need work on other areas with more priority.

I am not a fan of hub worlds. why? If I wanted to have to drive to different locations to do everything I'd just leave my computer and go do shit irl. In a game I don't want to waste time driving to menu options. drive here to look at cars, drive here to upgrade, drive here to tune, drive here to see crew stuff, drive here to actually join a race. its pointless filler. Just give me a normal menu to navigate so everything is a click away. However having a free roam mode for cruising purposes etc. I'm fine with. Just don't make it a hub where I am forced to drive or fast travel and deal with fucking loading screens while you move my car from one spot to the other. Just no. Menu is easy simple and clean, no loading screens, no wasted time driving back and forth just get things done so I can go back racing.