What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

excited for pt to start functioning

What is wrong?? Game is standing still, doesnt move anywhere..... Almost empty shop, no items..... This wasnt the deal at crowdfound. The deal was: we get Project Torque back, not a cheap, crappy kickoff..... This sucks untill now.....

What is wrong?? Game is standing still, doesnt move anywhere..... Almost empty shop, no items..... This wasnt the deal at crowdfound. The deal was: we get Project Torque back, not a cheap, crappy kickoff..... This sucks untill now.....
Theres a reason why its open beta

Theres a reason why its open beta
I know, Im just talking about the sad facts.
Another thing is payouts.... I dont really know why cant we go on with the old PT/Heat payout system. Why to fcuk up something that works? Payouts just decreased since the restart of the game. No good. And the licenced cars? Once Invictus or Aeria games or whoever was the owner, got the rights. Crowdfound was about buying the rights of the game, so.... Why there are no licenced cars? Jack said there wont be in the future eighter.... But he didnt say it at crowdfound ?? But this, I can swallow, ok. But hurry up, and dont mess with the scoring system, put back trunk items, cars, etc.

Sir @ovecboy sorry but what's your problem? You're umpatient as fuck! Complaints like that will not make the game improve faster.
And the licenced cars? Once Invictus or Aeria games or whoever was the owner, got the rights. Crowdfound was about buying the rights of the game, so.... Why there are no licenced cars?
You really know nothing... Invictus intelectual rights are a thing,brand manufacturer rights are other.

Yes, the licensed cars are deals with the car manufacturers and the contracts on those ran out years ago. In order to get new licensed cars the game needs to become big enough to catch the eye of said manufacturers so they will want to do a contract.

The payouts are actually HIGHER now than they've ever been. I know shocker right? those nostalgia goggles have some fucked up vision.

Trunk items were removed because they were pay to win. if you want a pay to win racing game go bug EA to bring back NFS world. pretty sure EA will make it as pay to win as possible.

Now that you've spoken out of your ass about things you knew nothing about don't you just feel stupid. Next time try to ask questions instead of spout off bullshit.

We are sorry for the delays with the Steam release and we are working hard to get it up ASAP.
At the moment we are at the behest of Steam.

As for the missing non licensed cars, they will return shorty. I am going through the database fixing the pricing and levels atm.
But I am very busy worth work and family so I have to juggle all a lot of things right now.

As for licensed cars. These are bought for a fixed term. Let's say 5 years. This grants the game developer 5 years to use and sell that car in game. These licences have all run out. So these cars can not return to the game unless if we buy the licences again. This is not a cheap thing to do and many of these car companies won't talk to you anymore or without many zeros being offered.

As for the payout and pricing of in game items. The database we got was from 2014.
The prices and payout have changed over the years but back then it was very much fixed on making it hard to buy new content in the game.
We have lowered the price of the cars and made payout higher as a result.

If you think the payout is lower, or the prices are more expensive, then you are wrong.

We are sorry for the delays with the Steam release and we are working hard to get it up ASAP.
At the moment we are at the behest of Steam.

As for the missing non licensed cars, they will return shorty. I am going through the database fixing the pricing and levels atm.
But I am very busy worth work and family so I have to juggle all a lot of things right now.

As for licensed cars. These are bought for a fixed term. Let's say 5 years. This grants the game developer 5 years to use and sell that car in game. These licences have all run out. So these cars can not return to the game unless if we buy the licences again. This is not a cheap thing to do and many of these car companies won't talk to you anymore or without many zeros being offered.

As for the payout and pricing of in game items. The database we got was from 2014.
The prices and payout have changed over the years but back then it was very much fixed on making it hard to buy new content in the game.
We have lowered the price of the cars and made payout higher as a result.

If you think the payout is lower, or the prices are more expensive, then you are wrong.

About payouts:
Perfect drift bonus reduced... Sorry, I dont want to wait for lots of other players to join just to earn, earn fast, and than enjoy the tame on higher level with better cars. Put it back to 10 rp as it was earlier.
For example on wangan we could do 1100-1200 if two of us were racing, now it doesn't reach 1000. In earlier versions more laps were possible, not just on wangan.
Distance bonus reduced. No need to explain... But WHY???
Important Items removed from shop (I said this earlier so I dont want to go into it again)
Sadly, in the current state of the game, there are only two things that show, that this game is (or used to be) Project Torque. The graphics and the physics, but nothing else. Sorry.
And I'm really sorry for writing these things, I'm just highly disapointed. Like a test drive with a well built Lamborghini Replica. Looks nice, maybe sounds nice, but that Toyota engine cannot rocket it under 3 secs 0-60 ?

In my opinion the payment system is as it should be, but the car prices are slightly more expensive but the cost to upgrade is infinitely lower, compared to the drift I think is good too, in the project torque I think its differential It's fun and Jack brought it to us all, I'm upset about the licensed cars but maybe in the near future with the success of the game they can come back, I look forward to being able to play with all the available items and the CP system working, with I'm sure I will buy CPs to get items and of course the XP / RP girls hahaha, what I really wanted was the official release but we have patience until it comes

About payouts:
Perfect drift bonus reduced... Sorry, I dont want to wait for lots of other players to join just to earn, earn fast, and than enjoy the tame on higher level with better cars. Put it back to 10 rp as it was earlier.
For example on wangan we could do 1100-1200 if two of us were racing, now it doesn't reach 1000. In earlier versions more laps were possible, not just on wangan.
Distance bonus reduced. No need to explain... But WHY???
Important Items removed from shop (I said this earlier so I dont want to go into it again)
Sadly, in the current state of the game, there are only two things that show, that this game is (or used to be) Project Torque. The graphics and the physics, but nothing else. Sorry.
And I'm really sorry for writing these things, I'm just highly disapointed. Like a test drive with a well built Lamborghini Replica. Looks nice, maybe sounds nice, but that Toyota engine cannot rocket it under 3 secs 0-60 ?

Wangan was nurfed this week after community feedback and so was drift in arcade.
If you want to earn fast, you can. Buy boosters.

As I have stated before, based off the game in 2014, we have lowered car cost and increased payout of races.
With attention going towards game mode balance. Drift for esample got boosted along with CTF.
We are also looking at the game in terms of 2-5 year view. We want people to take their time levelling up and earning new content.

If you want a game that constantly feeds your need to own more stuff, and to level up fast, go play other games.
That is not what Project Torque was or will ever be.

I know we wont get licensed cars, so whats the plan on getting a look-a-like of the licensed cars then? Is that something we can see soon or are we not getting them at all?

Speaking for myself, I'm just happy the game is back at any form at this point. Jack is busting his butt to get this done, and balancing his own RL stuff he needs to do. I'm just happy progress is coming at a pretty good pace, and I'm more than happy to wait for the licensed cars to return as ficitonal cars. Being locked to class 2 atm isn't that bad. Most racing took place at class 1 anyhow back in original PT and Heat days anyhow. So instead of me going and attacking what's "wrong", I'm just happy to see a lot of it is going the right direction. Keep up the good work Jack and dev team.

I know we wont get licensed cars, so whats the plan on getting a look-a-like of the licensed cars then? Is that something we can see soon or are we not getting them at all?

As stated before, clones will be making their way into the game soon.
We are waiting on Invictus for the car models.

fucking hell didnt expect this much people talking. I have no problems rn so i guess it ok. BUt im getting impatient for steam

I agree. Also, I didn't donate to get this dictator's vision we get now. I donated for original stuff and cars prices such as Drift Stallion price 80k RP, street Stallion 40k RP, Harpoon's price 180k and so on.
This was the last time I donate even a cent in a crowdfund for ANY game!

I don't get why people are so angry over a little time needed to get everything back up and running properly. I'm just happy the game is back at all. Never thought I'd see this game come up from the ashes. And from what I've seen so far, Jack is running the game a whole lot better than previous publishers of the series. I'm good for waiting for Jack and co to get the game stable and production ready.