What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Acceleration balancing problem

KP5K

I've been noticing this issue but yesterday I could confirm this.
Did a good amount of laps at the same track with a mate and we were using Morello. I had A+ balancing on mine and he didn't and noticed that on every single race at the start he would reach the first corner in front of me.
Later we were on the same track but using Corvette this time, none of us had balancing and I was slightly ahead on every race. Then I went to the shop and bought the A+ balancing, first race we did and my friend was ahead.
So it seems the balancing is making the car slower on acceleration instead of faster.

no you just are confused about what it actually does. the accel A+ helps coming out of a turn, but lowers your max top speed. It shortens the gears. If you want more speed in straights you need to get T+ as that lengthens the gear giving you more top speed but slower exit acceleration out of turns. for normal racing you are better of not using either. The reason you friend could keep getting ahead, could be as simple as better fps on his end. in racing games if you have lower fps you won't go as fast on the track as someone who has a fast fps. Example 120fps guy is going to be faster than 60fps guy. It is why you need to have a good computer for racing games.

no you just are confused about what it actually does. the accel A+ helps coming out of a turn, but lowers your max top speed.
Actually I think he did meant he launches slower and gets behind to a corner that comes right after a start straight. If its that case he's right,if A+ plus means shorten gears,then it should provide a faster launch so he would reach said corner first. However the fps may be the issue,as well.

You start the race standing still and you go through gears until you reach the first corner. If you have a shorter gear ratio you HAVE to be faster, that's what shortening the gears does. It's not top speed, it's starting at 0kmh and accel to 200kmh. We've done a few races with no balancing and I was leading all of them (ok it can be FPS or lag) but when I went to equip A+ I was a couple of meters behind at the braking point.

Good that you're reporting this,maybe they will take care of it. Btw,what happens if you apply the opposite balance,did you tested it?

That I can guarantee they aren't. I already tested top speed balancing at Wangan and it actually increases top speed