What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

UNAPLE TO LOGIN SERVER !!!!

at the moment the server is down for maintenance. The game will not shut down. jack has already signed a contract with invictus for 5 years. So he has full control over the source code for the next 5 years and has said the game will not be coming down in that time. at the 5 year mark him and invictus will discuss extending it. If you aren't a backer you have nothing to fear when it comes to money and scammers... you haven't put any money into it. And the fact there is even a playable version atm proves that the backers faith was justified. If this was a scam there wouldn't be a playable version of the game. when the crowdfunding ended jack would have vanished with the money. So please stop talking like there is a chance this is a scam. All you are doing is feeding people a negative image of the people working on the game and creating fear for no reason.

at the moment the server is down for maintenance. The game will not shut down. jack has already signed a contract with invictus for 5 years. So he has full control over the source code for the next 5 years and has said the game will not be coming down in that time. at the 5 year mark him and invictus will discuss extending it. If you aren't a backer you have nothing to fear when it comes to money and scammers... you haven't put any money into it. And the fact there is even a playable version atm proves that the backers faith was justified. If this was a scam there wouldn't be a playable version of the game. when the crowdfunding ended jack would have vanished with the money. So please stop talking like there is a chance this is a scam. All you are doing is feeding people a negative image of the people working on the game and creating fear for no reason.

great man 5 years so i can now play with confidence thats great news ;) ;) :)

Yes, if PT is going strong at the end of the contract Jack plans to try to extend it or renew it for another 5 years so the hope is to have it for at least 10 years. Jack has said beyond that he has no clue but ideally he wants it to run for at least 10 years total. Also I've said this in another topic but I think it bears repeating here. The team working on the game right now aren't getting paid to work on it, and are doing it in their free time after their normal jobs where they do get paid. This revival is purely fan made as fans are the ones working on it so, maintenance will take a bit longer than other games, responses to issues and fixes to issues will take longer than other games. This initial start up is going to be slow. Once the game launches and has the cash shop and some money coming in, Jack intends to hire some devs to work full time on the game so that things can become faster and more timely and be in line with what people expect from game support. So please be patient and keep all of this in mind.

Maybe an " About tab " for those who are curious about this Project to give people piece of mind with who they are dealing with, and their future goals and acheivements for this game. Myself i'm curious as to where my card details are being held once the Shop goes live. Would it be a well known and trusted site like Invictus/Aeria/etc . I don't know where the backers sent their cash to? That as i may reiterate concerns me and may do many other new customers..... ?

Yes, if PT is going strong at the end of the contract Jack plans to try to extend it or renew it for another 5 years so the hope is to have it for at least 10 years. Jack has said beyond that he has no clue but ideally he wants it to run for at least 10 years total. Also I've said this in another topic but I think it bears repeating here. The team working on the game right now aren't getting paid to work on it, and are doing it in their free time after their normal jobs where they do get paid. This revival is purely fan made as fans are the ones working on it so, maintenance will take a bit longer than other games, responses to issues and fixes to issues will take longer than other games. This initial start up is going to be slow. Once the game launches and has the cash shop and some money coming in, Jack intends to hire some devs to work full time on the game so that things can become faster and more timely and be in line with what people expect from game support. So please be patient and keep all of this in mind.

k i will wait but i hope to insert cars high lvls nearly not just lvls 1&2

GOOD LUCK :)

Right now the higher class cars are removed because the prices for them and their parts are being adjusted. They will return soon. I am sure at the latest it will be when it launches on steam.

Also Old-School, Jack had an about tab on the crowdfunding site. I suggest it to him. Should be easy enough to copy paste it onto a tab here and maybe add a little about things post-crowdfunding.

Last edited: