What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Licensed cars questions

"Will all the cars be in the game?
No. Licenced cars will be swapped with lookalike cars as we don't have the car licenses.
We do hope to licence cars in the future but this requires a lot of players to make it happen."

1-Well,they really must be completly removed from the game? Why dont just remove their names and logos and replace for something generic? I've seen a lot of games with identical IRL cars but with fantasy names and never had problems.

2-Exactly ALL cars have their non-licensed variant? There are missing cars without a replacement?

I would like to clear these points,thanks!

You do realize that the initial statement means exactly the same thing your 1st point is about right? you you quoted the answer to your own question within your post. the cars will look almost identical for example look at the savage which looks pretty much the same as a corvette and that is the car it was created to replace when they lost the license for the corvette. so that is what you can expect. and yes ALL cars EVENTUALLY that were in the game will come back in this way. It has been stated numerous times. how many times do you need to hear it to believe it?

1. You can't rub the logo off a Darcia and replace it with a Mercedes and sell it as a Mercedes. It is still a Darcia.

2. We are waiting on Invictus for more info on that.

I see,thanks.
It has been stated numerous times. how many times do you need to hear it to believe it?
How do you suppose I've heard that many times? You can see I'm new here,just find out the game is returning and now trying to being active on the forum and clearing my questions. Never heard nothing about this before this FAQ statement.

You can't rub the logo off a Darcia and replace it with a Mercedes and sell it as a Mercedes. It is still a Darcia.
That's not what I meant. You can take the Impreza model,remove the logos and "Subaru Impreza" name and put something like "Invictus R3 Rally". Thats all,mobile racing games do this already and doesnt seens to suffer with legal issues. Eitherway I'm ok,just leaving my two cents here.

if you look to the right side of the red bar there is a search function. that is how you find out what has already been discussed. There is also a search function on discord too.

"Will all the cars be in the game?
No. Licenced cars will be swapped with lookalike cars as we don't have the car licenses.
We do hope to licence cars in the future but this requires a lot of players to make it happen."

1-Well,they really must be completly removed from the game? Why dont just remove their names and logos and replace for something generic? I've seen a lot of games with identical IRL cars but with fantasy names and never had problems.

2-Exactly ALL cars have their non-licensed variant? There are missing cars without a replacement?

I would like to clear these points,thanks!
Join our Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/hVNTPe2 for more info.

However, there is usually not only protection for the logo and name of a vehicle but it can also give protection on the shapes and appearance of a vehicle,
In the case of Project Touque, you can be sure of number and change everything that could come to trademark disputes

Its not about licencesld cars at the moment. Lots of non licenced cars are missing from the game. WGAT THE FCUK HAPPENED JACK? No Cobra, Panama, Savage, Morello etc. WHY WHY WHY?????????
Hurry up. I feel myself like fish on the hook. You know, it looked tasty, I fell for it, and I see the sour reality after biting it.

Ok, so when do we get them back? ??
And yes, work on game economy becouse it is not the real thing now. (It sucks to be honest, but I hope it will be fine)

Its not about licencesld cars at the moment. Lots of non licenced cars are missing from the game. WGAT THE FCUK HAPPENED JACK? No Cobra, Panama, Savage, Morello etc. WHY WHY WHY?????????
Hurry up. I feel myself like fish on the hook. You know, it looked tasty, I fell for it, and I see the sour reality after biting it.
Chill man this version is only a Beta wait till it's released on Steam and be thankful your playing it now.