What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

World Map

AhmedSaeed96

Hi All .. i play Need For Speed Heat nd to me i see this game best than it . So why isn't there a world map like Need For Speed ? I hope this idea is welcome. In Heat OnLine, there was a map outdoors, and we were playing with it. Why then, if there is no big map outside, with many streets and races, this will attract a lot to the game? I say this from my love to this game.

Dude, what map of the world can we even talk about? Do you know how much work needs to be done? It takes months and years to complete all ideas and updates from Jack's list.. you offering a map of the world? come back in two years, then maybe Jack will start thinking about it.

Unfortunately, you are right !! But put this idea first Under considerationt , that's good. Especially since we had a map already in Heat OnLine and if Jack will work on it would make it easier for him!

Unfortunately, you are right !! But put this idea first Under considerationt , that's good. Especially since we had a map already in Heat OnLine and if Jack will work on it would make it easier for him!
Bit of a moot point given Jack's already mentioned that he has the intention to pursue this if possible, but I do find it a bit odd to see these kinds of topics floating around on various game forums, asking for features that would take a not insignificant amount of developer time and effort while acting as if it's something they can easily promise. There's a lot that goes into developing a game, different things have to be prioritized given the resources available to said game. Don't see any reason why these sorts of threads couldn't be worded more like, "I remember there being a freeroam map in Heat Online, are there any plans to implement that in the current game? Having a freeroam map would be a lot of fun."

Last edited:
Bit of a moot point given Jack's already mentioned that he has the intention to pursue this if possible, I do find it a bit odd to see these kinds of topics floating around on various game forums, asking for features that would take a not insignificant amount of developer time and effort while acting as if it's something they can easily promise. There's a lot that goes into developing a game, different things have to be prioritized given the resources available to said game. Don't see any reason why these sorts of threads couldn't be worded more like, "I remember there being a freeroam map in Heat Online, are there any plans to implement that in the current game? Having a freeroam map would be a lot of fun."

We have nothing but to wait !! I play Need For Speed Heat , which is true with all the technology and graphics, it is boring !! I find my enjoyment in this game and I hope that it will be modified soon because the server is almost always nearly empty and I cannot play!

We have nothing but to wait !! I play Need For Speed Heat , which is true with all the technology and graphics, it is boring !! I find my enjoyment in this game and I hope that it will be modified soon because the server is almost always nearly empty and I cannot play!
I'll be honest, I have no clue what point you're trying to make.

He means that NFS has all the bells and whistles, but it's boring compared to PT. PT has it all, and even more so when cars, modes etc are added....
I mean, if that's what he thinks, sure. As much as I love PT, I have a hard time seeing how it's significantly better. But regardless, this is a suggestion thread, not a place to discuss the merits of one game over another, so I won't be furthering a discussion on it.

I mean, if that's what he thinks, sure. As much as I love PT, I have a hard time seeing how it's significantly better. But regardless, this is a suggestion thread, not a place to discuss the merits of one game over another, so I won't be furthering a discussion on it.
True my friend not a problem...

i As for me to play with real Racers more fun than to play a game that tells about a movie and scenarios that I see attract children !! So, PT more of its effects from movie games with all the attractive technology and graphics in it. This is just my opinion. I hope that you will be my idea reached to you.

i As for me to play with real Racers more fun than to play a game that tells about a movie and scenarios that I see attract children !! So, PT more of its effects from movie games with all the attractive technology and graphics in it. This is just my opinion. I hope that you will be my idea reached to you.
Sure, dude. Sure.

I hope it will be completed, and I am sure it will remain better than Need For Speed with the difference in high graphics in Need For Speed, but the game here is much better because you play with real contestants far from the movies that pull children