What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

What if our vehicles could age?

skan

What if....

What if cars you buy become permanently scratched, rusted and sun damaged (I love Patina or however it's properly spelled)?
What if fiberglass, rubber and carbon fiber can do whatever their versions of blemishing are?
What if this was based on time on track or hours in game or some time based variable from real life?
What if this aging of the car is random as in no two cars will be identical?
What if you could simply go to the shop and get new paint if it starts to look horrible to you, like real life?
What if you had the option to turn this off for whatever reason?
What if all of this was cosmetic only, meaning your rusty bucket could still be the fastest?

8664990949_62637c6d84.jpg

You Sir are quite comical. Was not implying that the driver should age nor that age affects driving ability. Saeed just made me pre-emptively apologize for/clarify something I had no intention of doing.

You Sir are quite comical. Was not implying that the driver should age nor that age affects driving ability. Saeed just made me pre-emptively apologize for/clarify something I had no intention of doing.

Just joke . Sorry, keep going

Last edited:
I don't remember which game does it, but there was an MMO racer that you had to pay for damage to cars.
Or you could buy insurance for real money and it would be taken care for you at the end of the race.
It would mess with the performance of the car if you did not pay.

Pretty sure it was NFS World...?

@Saeed It's good. I understand you and the humor. Not sure how I can or if it's a good thing though :unsure: Might have to program a Saeed decoder for Jack.

@Jack Im talking visual degradation across the span of the game itself. Is this possible with PT? Would others want it or even care? The real question is would you even want to entertain this idea way way way down the road?

@Saeed It's good. I understand you and the humor. Not sure how I can or if it's a good thing though :unsure: Might have to program a Saeed decoder for Jack.

No Program :D . Jack hates knowing anyone . what he will do in this game! As for me, with my respect to you in this important matter, for me i want to see this server full, I suffer from not being able to play and wait in the rooms !!

I don't remember which game does it, but there was an MMO racer that you had to pay for damage to cars.
Or you could buy insurance for real money and it would be taken care for you at the end of the race.
It would mess with the performance of the car if you did not pay.

Pretty sure it was NFS World...?

Oh yea NFS World had that I think.
If that came to PT we would all be flat broke in no time lol.

[--- moves furniture/dusts/vacuums/takes out garbage---]

There Saeed, it's all clean and ready for you to move in. All bad jokes aside, your problem with not having anyone to drift with has little to do with amount of players. We went over this, Sir. You are too good at drifting. No one wants to lose over and over and over and over. Word travels fast. People are in no rush to find out if what they heard of your drifting is true. If you don't believe me, make a drifting video. You will have more visitors than you have had opponents this week. Other than me, who else in this thread was dumb enough to drift with you? That was one time since PT has been back. Once. Until you (Saeed) start making rooms where you (Saeed) drive the kawana (it's rwd, you can make it work, I have faith in you) and the rest of us drive a drift car, you will find yourself alone in rooms. It's no different if I were to make a wangan room. People like wangan even if they don't admit it. People don't like watching the back of a car for a whole race so my room will be empty.

@Facepalm.. is there no car that you would just let get old and sun scortched and peeling if it still ran just fine?

[--- grabs hydraulic lift and somehow makes it move this thing back on track ---]

The cutlass 442 car that we don't have :eek:, the rumored pickup and rumored camper, the trailer for the semi, and the phoenix all would be perfect candidates for this. The amount of work, even if Jack was interested, is probably not worth the time or limited monetary possibilities. The amount of awesome would be priceless though.

There Saeed, it's all clean and ready for you to move in. All bad jokes aside, your problem with not having anyone to drift with has little to do with amount of players. We went over this, Sir. You are too good at drifting. No one wants to lose over and over and over and over. Word travels fast. People are in no rush to find out if what they heard of your drifting is true. If you don't believe me, make a drifting video. You will have more visitors than you have had opponents this week. Other than me, who else in this thread was dumb enough to drift with you? That was one time since PT has been back. Once. Until you (Saeed) start making rooms where you (Saeed) drive the kawana (it's rwd, you can make it work, I have faith in you) and the rest of us drive a drift car, you will find yourself alone in rooms. It's no different if I were to make a wangan room. People like wangan even if they don't admit it. People don't like watching the back of a car for a whole race so my room will be empty.

I do not have any dispute with anyone, in the end, it's just a game! You have a view, and others have a view. The problem is not in drift mode only!, I play all the Modes and I am waiting for in the rooms! The game is in need of something that attracts players and does not feel bored as it was in the past and my opinion is that your idea is not in time, as the game lacks many and many! I think we should start developing things that make players attracted to the game and not leave it first.

Maybe this is why I always get a full room- because everyone knows they will thrash me.??