What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Well... This was certainly a surprise!

TRDownShift

Yeah... So.... I used to play PT years go, I'm talking when I was 15/16yo (I'm 33 now :p) and I never did quite find an online RPG racer I enjoyed as much. I had a ton of cars, and was in a big fancy club and I held world record times on like 3 or 4 different tracks at the time; really hoping to see the licensed cars make a comeback.

I do have a question though, if anyone happens to know lol I could just be remembering this wrong, I don't remember this game playing like Ridge Racer, I remember it being a little more "sim like" I just got in and did the tutorial race in the kawana and took the first hard turn and she just let go and slid sideways like she was on ice blocks lmfao It just feels a little weird because I used to play it with a wheel and if it really felt like this I think I would have used a controller haha though like i said this was many years ago and I could be looking at this through rose colored glasses as they say, although I'm kind of curious if any changes were made to the game engine.

But i'm super happy to see this game back up and look forward to playing again.... BRING BACK THE CONTENT! (I know, it's a corporate thing, all in time :p) my body is ready to reclaim the record on the downhill in the MR2 and 86 :D

WB ? There is a Sim mode , as well as the ever popular Arcade race. And yeah more cars will make there way back into the game as well as fixs and other maps.

Licensed cars won't be back as licensed cars. they will be slightly altered with new names. the License ran out on them years ago and those cost money plus the game would need to be popular enough to attract the car companies. You are likely thinking about SIM, the initial race is done in arcade. SIM becomes available at level 10.

Yeeaaahhh getting toyota to relicense their cars these days.... just tweak the tail lights and load that shit up haha... also I didn't play leveR so I never got the R33, ready for that, can't wait to slay in the (or what will be) the NSX again too :D