What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Wangan and SIM

Ando

First suggestion might be a bit unpopular oppinion but here it goes.

Either lower the wangan reward or increase the other track's income. At this moment everyone is doing wangan. No one is racing, they all farm that no-brainer track.

Also, since SIM is more fun, more challenging and requires more skill to play than arcade, a reward increase in sim mode would move more players towards it, making the game more interesting

Last edited:
the first one is something most of us as been asking for. Sim... simply increasing the pay out for it won't cause more people to play it. the handling physics are different so if people do not enjoy them they won't play it. Drag actually pays twice as much as wangan yet people do wangan all because they can't be bothered to shift gears. So I don't see higher payouts making people flock to sim. The only thing I think would make people flock to sim is if sim mode was able to compete with legit sim racers out there which atm it can't. compared to those it feels arcade like. I myself prefer the drifty physics of arcade and see it as more fun, its also more challenging from a player vs player perspective and results in closer racing because 1 mistake doesn't end the entire race for you. Sim is great if you want your challenge to be the track itself. Arcade is better if you are looking for that fender to fender heated fight against other players. Which is what I find enjoyment in. Many others likely feel the same way so just increasing payout on sim won't make people flock to it.

Well. You do have a fair point. But i think your response was influenced by me saying "sim is more FUN", which is indeed a matter of perspective. What one likes or dislikes is a personal oppinion.

Fun aside, i maintain my previous statement. It is more challenging and should be rewarded accordingly.

Also, a reason people don't do sim is because they try it while they're new players, fail spectacularly, conclude that it's rubbish and never try it again. Which is actually partially true. A lv1 - lv2 car in sim is rubbish, especially for a new player. However, as the player's garage evolves with better cars, sim gets much easier. But, by then, they are way too much into wangan to try new stuff. A boost in reward might convince them to give a second chance.

Another ideea would be to increase the player level needed to unlock sim mode. Which is now what ? 10 i think ? Level 10 is 30 minutes of playtime. Way to early ti try sim. People still crash in wangan by that point. Unlock it way later, after the new players got a real feel of the game.

Or even a combination of the 2 above would work.

you see most sim players have actually been requesting the opposite. asking that the level lock be done away with. you already can't access it until level 10. I've seen several on here asking that it be available at level 1. Interesting that you think it should go the other way. One could say that unlocking later could hinder as they would get used to arcade which is way different and thus they would still suffer more crashes and call it rubbish. plus there have been players who just uninstalled completely because they came for sim and refused to play arcade for 10 levels, that is how much they dislike the arcade physics. Imo there is no right answer to this. No matter what people are going to complain.

same here, sim should be open for all at lvl one. the payout system is broken, everyone knows that and if i remember right there always was wangan rooms.
wasnt there a thing with the track difficulty multiplier? didnt they add something like that back in Level R and Heat?
I know, this is PT and we wont have another Lever R or Heat or whatever there was clone