What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Versus and TA Race By Time

I'd like the timer function to be implemented as an option for Versus and TA modes.

Put simply:
  • Selection for timer: Off, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes.
  • You complete as many laps as possible until the timer hits 0.
  • The timer hitting 0 signals the "final lap" notification for all players.
Here are some benefits:
  • Easier for players to schedule events with heats in specific time slots.
  • Allows for shorter races on larger tracks and longer races on shorter tracks.
  • Allows for consistent length races so there's no guessing about how long to set races in rooms. Set the room to 5 minutes and you get your rapid fire races. Set the room to 60 minutes and you get an endurance event.
Some drawbacks:
  • Longer races are generally less popular.
  • A server crash during a long race puts all of that progress in the race to waste. Maybe would be a good idea for the server to auto save progress in 30+ minute races at the 15 minute marks.
A greater option for race lengths in Versus and TA never hurt anyone.

I'd like the timer function to be implemented as an option for Versus and TA modes.

Put simply:
  • Selection for timer: Off, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes.
  • You complete as many laps as possible until the timer hits 0.
  • The timer hitting 0 signals the "final lap" notification for all players.
Here are some benefits:
  • Easier for players to schedule events with heats in specific time slots.
  • Allows for shorter races on larger tracks and longer races on shorter tracks.
  • Allows for consistent length races so there's no guessing about how long to set races in rooms. Set the room to 5 minutes and you get your rapid fire races. Set the room to 60 minutes and you get an endurance event.
Some drawbacks:
  • Longer races are generally less popular.
  • A server crash during a long race puts all of that progress in the race to waste. Maybe would be a good idea for the server to auto save progress in 30+ minute races at the 15 minute marks.
A greater option for race lengths in Versus and TA never hurt anyone.
Hello there, i like this idea but i think it would be better implemented in other game modes like normal races, where the best lap time or the player with the most laps win.

I would like timed races in TA personally.
Can look into it for sure.

As for other game modes? No
We have ideas on doing Track days as an event that would be timed laps, how many laps within an hour sort of thing.
But this is a while away yet.

I would like timed races in TA personally.
Can look into it for sure.

As for other game modes? No
We have ideas on doing Track days as an event that would be timed laps, how many laps within an hour sort of thing.
But this is a while away yet.
I'd be fine with only TA if we could possibly get some more road courses into TA. WGT Endurance Races would be amazing. Track day events would be neato to see.