What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Unofficial Linux launcher

IzaliaMae

PT can't be installed via Proton as far as I know, so I've made a launcher script that will setup the environment if it has to and start the game. The only dependencies are Python 3, pipx, and WINE which you probably already have. Instructions to get it working are in the repo's README. The only issue I've come across is the game will crash at the start of a race if it's been running for an hour or two. Other than that, it works fine.

update 1/5/21: I've reworked a lot of the script. It now uses the lastest dxvk (1.8.1) if you're not running Debian Buster and deosn't assume your steam dir.

update 1/7/24: I've reworked the whole thing again. It now has a cli and locating the game binary is way easier.

Last edited:
I've tried it with an Intel HD 530 and a gtx 1060 and it's been pretty solid with both GPUs. Can't say I have any complaints aside from the crashing issue I mentioned in the first post

Thanks

Glad to hear everything's working well, if there's any other Linux players here it'd be interesting to hear some feedback.

And hey, no probs. ?

I don't own a Linux myself, can you have a video that shows how it works? I don't know how will this work on a windows operating system and I won't download yet just in case I screw up

I'm really bad at making videos and the text instructions should be more than enough. Also this is only for Linux. Running it in Windows probably won't actually do anything since it has to run commands that don't exist in Windows.

PT can't be installed via Proton as far as I know, so I've made a launcher script that will setup the environment if it has to and start the game. The only dependencies are Python 3 and WINE which you probably already have. Instructions to get it working are in the repo's README. The only issue I've come across is the game will crash at the start of a race if it's been running for an hour or two. Other than that, it works fine.

[/URL]

Note: I'm not 100% sure if 3.5 is the minimum version of dotnet needed. If a dev could let me know, that'd be great
Indeed the race start crash is happening i believe it's something to do with d3d errors, possibly driver issues.