What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Unable to open game?

Again can't start the game. It was fine until today.. I've tried uninstall and fresh install - same thing. Game build 5010 was running, now on 5011 it doesn't start.
Please upload Event Viewer error for the game.,

Here it is..
I think it's the same error as the non-steam version that I got 2 months ago. When the steam version was released, I was able to play it (until today).

Attachments

• PTorque.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 7
Just.. Help...Please
Save the file to your Documents folder, then attach to a reply to this forum thread.
Note you will need to compress it as a ZIP to upload. Event logs are over the 20MB forum limit.

Updated: Problem was fixed with new game updating. Thank you so much.

Closed.

Attachments

• Error.zip
    890.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
The game don`t open again. Files is here.

Updated: new game update has fixed error.

Attachments

• Error.zip
    889.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes, it was OK until yesterday.... I think it's something with the double XP/RP - the same happened for Christmas..

https://community.projecttorque.racing/threads/roadmap.467/page-2#post-4320
@Jack
AFAIK the MSVCR90.dll error and some other .dll problems go away if the standallone Directx9.0c is installen on the system. The internet is full of games with such problems.
Even if nobody believes it, Windows 10 and other versions don´t have the full DirectX9 onboard.

The problem is not solvable with any DirectX online-installer, these always tell that you use a newer version already.
edit: on some newer systems this will also trigger a .NET3.5 Installation
For example the latest DirectX9 standallone-installer can be downloaded here:
choose "Manuelle Installation"
https://www.chip.de/downloads/DirectX_13002926.html

through the steam client the game does not start.
Please, restore the link to download the archive with the game client through the forum, as it was before!
at that time the game worked great! :cry:

help not working game

Attachments

• 200110_190108.log
    9 KB · Views: 6
  • 200110_190138.log
    9 KB · Views: 1
  • 200110_225402.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 200110_230100.log
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • 200111_000903.log
  • 200111_161353.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 200111_161132.log
  • 200111_161758.log
  • 200111_162021.log
  • 200111_162633.log
    9 KB · Views: 2
@Jack, Taking into consideration that, this is one of the most viewed topics on this forum PLUS, there is MANY people who have submitted SEVERAL reports here, to you, I call bullshit on “not having enough to go on”

Its been over two months at least to not even a hint if you’re at least looking it. Pretty piss poor effort on your behalf.

if you’re going to bring out a game, best to listen to your crowd wanting your product. Instead of just brushing us off and keep bring out “2x XP” nonsense.

get your shit together.

@Jack, Taking into consideration that, this is one of the most viewed topics on this forum PLUS, there is MANY people who have submitted SEVERAL reports here, to you, I call bullshit on “not having enough to go on”

Its been over two months at least to not even a hint if you’re at least looking it. Pretty piss poor effort on your behalf.

if you’re going to bring out a game, best to listen to your crowd wanting your product. Instead of just brushing us off and keep bring out “2x XP” nonsense.

get your shit together.

I have been working 40 hour weeks on this game for the past month.
I have been trying to fix this issue but it is not as simple as you think to fix.

Everyone's setup is different and I don't have all the info from each and everyone with this issue.
What has been submitted has not helped so far, the logs don't tell us that much info but let us know some stuff that might help.
Full system logs from Event viewer do help to narrow issues but because it is such a small % of users and hits randomly sometimes to users who have had it working, we have no clue.

Unless if you have any other ideas on how to fix this issue, you can fuck right off saying shit like this to me.

Yesterday was the first time I had launched the game through steam, everything went fine and I got to the login screen and so I alt+tabbed out to create an account here using steam.
After creating the account, my game suddenly closed and whenever I opened it is when I'd get the MSVCR90.dll error when looking through the Event Viewer.
Maybe it has something to do with logging in through steam? Not sure honestly, just a speculation and in hopes that it would help.

Attachments

• Error files.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1
I 'm trying to ask password but nothing has sent to my email...
how could i register ?
i have steam account but no password for the game...
thank you