What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Unable to connect to the login server

or in Steam try right click on the game in directory and check game files if some of them are corrupted... steam tries to fix if some problem with the game files... also video driver reinstall or directx and check firewall softwares or antivirus turn off, windows firewall also check if game allowed through windows firewall and windows button on keyboard + p... and select only one screen or test it out... for example my tv is connected to my gpu so I couldnt load the game before with extended screen settings, now I selected only second screen (because my pc mixed up my gpu and tv screen) so now my game starts... which i try try which option can game start... and now game starts... also check if you have programs which are blocking access to windows main components or hosts files... or cmd.exe or msiexec... etc... services... sometimes badly uninstalled firewall can cause problems also... ccleaner registry for example and restart... or check internet connection too or ip4 ip6 settings

or check log files in project torque directory

Last edited:
or in Steam try right click on the game in directory and check game files if some of them are corrupted... steam tries to fix if some problem with the game files... also video driver reinstall or directx and check firewall softwares or antivirus turn off, windows firewall also check if game allowed through windows firewall and windows button on keyboard + p... and select only one screen or test it out... for example my tv is connected to my gpu so I couldnt load the game before with extended screen settings, now I selected only second screen (because my pc mixed up my gpu and tv screen) so now my game starts... which i try try which option can game start... and now game starts... also check if you have programs which are blocking access to windows main components or hosts files... or cmd.exe or msiexec... etc... services... sometimes badly uninstalled firewall can cause problems also... ccleaner registry for example and restart... or check internet connection too or ip4 ip6 settings

or check log files in project torque directory
did all these and more ... not working. Only solution for me is VPN, free Hotspot shield like I said.

did all these and more ... not working. Only solution for me is VPN, free Hotspot shield like I said.
If we think logically ... through vpn the game works you say... so you do not have problems with your game files... but without vpn does not work = something is blocking the connection to the game servers... maybe windows firewall or vpn network adapter. I would suggest uninstall the antivirus and uninstall firewall... not only disable it... and also turn off windows firewall and also uninstall vpn software and vpn adapters delete or disable in device manager... if all uninstalled reset computer and check again if windows firewall is off also or no vpn network adapters or windows tap adapters also disabled in device manager... and try update steam program also... if still game not connecting... I would reinstall windows or try to run the game on another computer for checking if the game runs there with your login credentials or not... or also you can check your router settings if there are some important ports are blocked or not

If we think logically ... through vpn the game works you say... so you do not have problems with your game files... but without vpn does not work = something is blocking the connection to the game servers... maybe windows firewall or vpn network adapter. I would suggest uninstall the antivirus and uninstall firewall... not only disable it... and also turn off windows firewall and also uninstall vpn software and vpn adapters delete or disable in device manager... if all uninstalled reset computer and check again if windows firewall is off also or no vpn network adapters or windows tap adapters also disabled in device manager... and try update steam program also... if still game not connecting... I would reinstall windows or try to run the game on another computer for checking if the game runs there with your login credentials or not... or also you can check your router settings if there are some important ports are blocked or not
I also said that, without changing anything on same notebook, it works in French Polinesia, Belgium, USA and Portugal. So I think it has nothing to do with windows, firtewall, etc... it is a blocking from PT, like back when Aeria games blocked IP from Brasil.

I also said that, without changing anything on same notebook, it works in French Polinesia, Belgium, USA and Portugal. So I think it has nothing to do with windows, firtewall, etc... it is a blocking from PT, like back when Aeria games blocked IP from Brasil.
Yes maybe you are right. Anyway if you change vpn servers you need restart steam and relogin also... or in steam also there is a region setting... but yes something or PT blocking the connection. But you can give a try my suggestions above. For example I uninstalled comodo or simple wall firewall and still blocked my connection. I needed download comodo uninstaller and reinstall simplewall disable all filters after again uninstall lol

Yes maybe you are right. Anyway if you change vpn servers you need restart steam and relogin also... or in steam also there is a region setting... but yes something or PT blocking the connection. But you can give a try my suggestions above. For example I uninstalled comodo or simple wall firewall and still blocked my connection. I needed download comodo uninstaller and reinstall simplewall disable all filters after again uninstall lol
actually I dont have to restart or relogin Steam if I change from normal internet and VPN internet: I can run steam without VPN, then change to Hotspot VPN without leaving or restarting or relogin Steam, then run PT from steam.

PT is not reliant on Steam so you are correct in not having to restart Steam.