What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Thunder Ally controls

freak458

i have an off brand PS3 controller and i have my game settings as good as im going to get them but...... i cant seem to desensitize the steering ... just a little movement on the stick and its to much in game. So my question is.... is there a GOOD free program that has some better adjustment settings that is compatible with this came ?? and where can i get it.

Thank you.

I can say once you move on from the rookie, the other ta cars have tighter handling with more understeer. so the steering isn't as sensitive in the later TA cars.

i know this but i want to change the movement on the control to response in game ratio ...... if that makes sense....... my controller hits 100% response (in game / looking at the control page) before it hits 70% movement on the actual controller thumbstick ... i want that 70% to go to 100%
Post automatically merged:

its the controller im trying to change not the game

Well using analog joysticks you can't hit 100% anyway. the game only ever registers 99%. The values plugged in for the axis is 256 at 100% but analog only goes to 255. This could be part of the issue. As I said though. the higher tier TA cars are less sensitive handling wise. The TA rookie has always been a handful and super sensitive in every build of the game.

ok Krono thanks for trying but apparently you dont understand the question.

i want a program to adjust the CONTROLLERS values

I wasn't trying to give you a solution. I knew what you were asking. I was providing you with additional info about the game and using a controller for it.

Go to settings. then controller

1. setup deadzone. small amount remove rapid response help smoother turns, and help not be so jerky on straights.
2 setup Linear. Help car run smoother in turns, ( have zero, full left. at Livenport.)

ok..... again thank you for trying but....YOUR MISSING THE POINT OF THE POST ... i am NOT looking for game setting help ....I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD PROGRAM THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE GAME TO ADJUST THE CONTROLLER ITSELF.

ahh, now we're gettin' somewhere !!

ok i did try this one and it doesn't have the control adjustments that i'm looking for. yes i can put any button where ever i want but i couldn't seem to adjust the sensitivity of the sticks.
that sensitivity is what i want to change.

Btw Freak I kind of see what you were talking about now. I remember back in Heat Online the Pro car was stiffer than the rookie and thus the sensitivity felt lower. However in this build its actually even more sensitive than the rookie. So yeah. I'm going to be searching for said program as well. I've done all the adjusting I can in game and nothing.

so ... i've been thinking... if they changed the settings..... options/game/steering wheel range to go lower than 90 degrees and gave full control of the deadzone it just might fix the jerky controls for the people that don't have / use a wheel.
anyone have a thought on that.

oh and in the meantime ... i am still looking for that control program.

thank you

so ... i've been thinking... if they changed the settings..... options/game/steering wheel range to go lower than 90 degrees and gave full control of the deadzone it just might fix the jerky controls for the people that don't have / use a wheel.
anyone have a thought on that.

oh and in the meantime ... i am still looking for that control program.

thank you
Old or bad brand joystick has no ability in some games to be their setting changed.

You have two option :
1. Get an Xbox controller which windows would recognize it very well and there you can play with the steering adjustment
2. Get a good brand Wheel which has force back like the one am using time to time is the G29 logitech but I still like the Xbox one joystick tbh.

In both situation try to play with the steering option changing the steering length left and right.
I personally tested : Xbox 360 controller, Xbox One, Logitech driving force GT, G29 Logitech.
Goodluck!

does windows recognize an xbox controller differently than a ps3 controller ? with different setting options. because i get the same generic window with minimal setting choices for all the other controllers i've plugged in.

does windows recognize an xbox controller differently than a ps3 controller ? with different setting options. because i get the same generic window with minimal setting choices for all the other controllers i've plugged in.
It does the recognizing part but not fully as you need to support windows and install drivers for it for example some joysticks/wheels has their 3rd party programs to make them fully functional.
I do know windows will recognize xbox differently 100% because it's a windows brand joystick.
But the ps3 controller was pain in the head for me in the passed that why I stopped using the Ps3/Ps4 controllers on PC.
Try to barrow a Xbox controller from a friend and test, If it satisfy you then get your own Xbox360/One controller better.

All I feel that your Controller acting "small or big push to left for example will do a full push all time even if u push it little bit, while in the Game Controllers setting window you will see it pushes slowly as you do but the game or windows does send full push to the game while u trying to do a little turn.

Last edited:
a 3rd party program was what i was looking for but if i can find someone that has an xbox ill try it.... seeing as i am older than most that play this game and all my friends and their kids have ps3/4 it may be hard to borrow one... ill look into buying one then.....

thank you

a 3rd party program was what i was looking for but if i can find someone that has an xbox ill try it.... seeing as i am older than most that play this game and all my friends and their kids have ps3/4 it may be hard to borrow one... ill look into buying one then.....

thank you
http://ds4windows.com/
Found this and this has option of Deadzone as they mention at their pictures, never tried it but give it a shot ~
Goodluck!

original, and I'm on windows 10. yes I keep everything up to date. and I've fiddled with all settings in the game. It isn't about the controller or the settings. It is the fact this is a different build. I played TA mostly in Heat Online and in that the Pro was stiffer than the rookie. in this build it is looser and more twitchy than the rookie.

EDIT: I just did some testing. and I figured out where I was going wrong. and I think this might help you freak. If you put non-linear steering to max, deadzone to min, and steering range to 90 degrees (min) then in TA the car doesn't twitch, and when you push on the joystick it turns the wheel less. I know it says that it only effects "analog wheels" but the joystick on a controller is analog so it effects it too. god I can take turns silky smooth in TA now with the controller.

Added note I also calibrated my xbox 360 controller for windows 10 to make sure it was being read accurately. This link tells you how. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/calibrate-xbox-360-controller-for-windows

Last edited: