What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

This flew under my radar somehow?! Long term player here!

Reiko_Nagase

I did a double take today when someone replied to my old HEAT Online tribute video saying "Project Torque was back" I thought they surely must be trolling but nope, here I am! Not only did I play HEAT but I also played Project Torque for about a year before it got shut down, then played HEAT from launch all the way up until it's close in 2014, just curious how it flew under my radar for this long. Is what it is, I'm here now! I'll probably join the Discord here shortly under the name "2K-Tan~<3" What a nostalgia trip! I was never super good at PT or HEAT, only got to the Hexan GT on the Aeria version of PT (which was my biggest mistake, I still wish I would've bought the Quadro) And the Cobra Coupe (Non RS) on HEAT which I did actually enjoy driving even if it was a bit of an odd duck against the licensed cars most people were using. I started this game on my 1st PC that was an ancient Dell Optiplex that had a Pentium 4 521 (2.8 GHz 1C 2T) 1 GB DDR2, Radeon X300 SE with 128 MB of VRAM and an ancient Seagate 40 GB HDD on XP SP3, I was only 10 - 14 at most too! (I'm 22 now for reference) I remember almost always being the last to load (even getting stuck sometimes) and making people very displeased at that fact :LOL:

Rambling aside, I instantly downloaded the game, made an account at the login screen and picked the Kawana K660! I used the Kawana as my starter on PT and (if memory serves was very unhappy that they removed it as an option for a starter in HEAT) Unless they didn't and my memory is just failing me (very possible) After I played for about 3 hours and got level 3 upgrades on everything, I did some digging through the forum just to see how the game has progressed and I gotta say, I'm really impressed for this being basically a 1 man operation! All the bitching and whining I've seen from some people is obviously expected but not warranted in my opinion, I've always understood even as a child that this game was very "unconventionally" coded compared to most modern games these days and have a bit of experience with older Invictus products such as CRC and Ridge Racer Slipstream on mobile (hence my username!) and I've almost always enjoyed the products they put out, I'm also very glad to see that the grinds have been reduced and some of the P2W aspects of the game have been removed (Nitro mainly) Also very cool to see that the licensed cars will be coming back in an unlicensed approach! It would be great if the North American presence could be improved a bit as I'm having to main the European server which my ping obviously won't be the best on, but hey! You can't have it all and i'm just glad that PT is back! After years of silence I just wrote this game off for good and basically as a "childhood memory" that I would always enjoy in memory, but lo and behold it's back and here!

I wish Jack and anyone that may be helping the best of luck and that I will absolutely help support the game with a CP purchase here and there if I'm able, but money has been tight right now for me as it has been for a lot of folks, I hope my years of racing experience might help me out a bit on progressing further this time, but I won't hold my breath because I've always understood that this racing game has always been like no other in terms of it's learning curve! Also nice to see that the "insta brake" was nerfed as it certainly gives the game a much more natural feel and the only thing I've ever truly "hated" about the game in it's original form. Anyway, I'll stop my rambling now and post a screenshot! I was actually shocked so much that the game had come back that I stayed up way too late (until like 5 AM) playing it to get my level 3 parts that I hit my 2nd wind and I couldn't fall asleep! So I guess f it! I'm staying up the rest of the day, grinding and going to bed early tonight hahaha, It's amazing to me that this flew under my radar for so long and I apologize for my "book" But it's certainly like a "mini dream" of mine came true and I will get to experience childhood and teenage memories now, (which is something you absolutely cannot underestimate once you're an adult) Just kicking myself for not somehow finding out sooner! Thanks Jack and everyone that helped make this possible! I hope to maybe see some of you regulars out on the track sometime and maybe become a "regular" myself.

<3 - Reiko

Project Torque Screenshot 2021.11.14 - 08.32.16.78.png