What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

The most probable release date

ADR-San

Alright, so it has been confirmed that the game will come out this September. The most probable release date in my opinion would be September 15-22, since Jack said we will have to wait 1-2 weeks from now. I'd say it's a good week, since it's the last week of school for me. However, that is only when the beta testing will take place. I didn't donate to the campaign at all, so those who didn't donate like me need to wait another week after September 15-22, which places the public release date at September 22-29.

Yeah, unfortunately who could not donate, like i couldn't, will have to wait a little bit more, but at least we will get a working game by the time :).

Last edited:
I would still like to donate but wont let me
Yeah, crowdfunding is closed, but you can still help the game when you buy in game currency, as myself being a TRUE fan of Project Torque, i feel sad that i cannot donate at the earlier stage meaning i will not get the advantages & rewards that donors will have but anyway i can still help maintaining the game whenever i can.

I was never a big fan of purchasable ingame currency, bc my wallet is shallow, and whoever has the bigger wallet has the nicer stuff in the game. Which is completely unfair

I was never a big fan of purchasable ingame currency, bc my wallet is shallow, and whoever has the bigger wallet has the nicer stuff in the game. Which is completely unfair
As Jack said
Project Torque will never be pay to win.
We will not charge you $100 for a single car or for a few items.

Price gouging is now something the games industry relies upon to generate a lot of money and we believe this is 100% unethical and unfair to the players who just want to enjoy the game.
Project Torque will have around 80% of the content obtainable without spending 1 cent on in game items.

We will also never introduce surprise mechanics gambling into the game in the form of Loot Boxes.
These are just a way to make players addicted to the game which again is unethical.

also I don't if anyone told you Slowbr... but servers cost money, they don't run on hopes, dreams and good intentions. So if you want this game to not shut down in like 2 months because it can't keep the servers up there has to be purchasable in game currency. Such a thin in and of itself isn't a bad thing. What is bad is when companies are greedy assholes and take it too far because they want to fatten their wallets, such as EA and Rockstar. The mechanic itself though is a great one when done realistically.

also I don't if anyone told you Slowbr... but servers cost money, they don't run on hopes, dreams and good intentions. So if you want this game to not shut down in like 2 months because it can't keep the servers up there has to be purchasable in game currency. Such a thin in and of itself isn't a bad thing. What is bad is when companies are greedy assholes and take it too far because they want to fatten their wallets, such as EA and Rockstar. The mechanic itself though is a great one when done realistically.
I totally support this ^ and i think jack and his team already tough about it too, no game survives without user transactions, unless the publisher has its pockets full of $$ which i think is not the case.

right. as long as the cars are balanced, and the gp only stuff is cosmetic or things to speed up progress for those with less time to play I'm all for it. Some people want to enjoy the game but work 60-80 hrs a week and don't want to spend what little time they get to play grinding, they would rather use some poppers to gain xp and rp faster to catch up to their friends who work less and have more free time to play. So it isn't a pay to win mechanic at all. There are right and wrong ways to do micro transactions, just like there is a right and wrong way to do dlc. Yes a lot of companies have chosen the wrong way to do things. Doesn't make the mechanic itself bad just means that company screwed up. I don't think Jack and his team are going to go down the wrong path.

That said back on topic now, given the current issues with the game as seen in the streams that jack has done, and given he has said invictus still has at least a week more of work to do on the client side before handing it over to Jack. I think maybe last week in Sept. beta might happen, maybe 1st week in Oct.? then depending on bugs and so forth and how long those take to work out.. a week or 2 of beta before official launch. so I am thinking closer to mid-late October for the release date at this point if you look at it realistically. Maybe even longer if a lot of issues are found during the beta.

right. as long as the cars are balanced, and the gp only stuff is cosmetic or things to speed up progress for those with less time to play I'm all for it. Some people want to enjoy the game but work 60-80 hrs a week and don't want to spend what little time they get to play grinding, they would rather use some poppers to gain xp and rp faster to catch up to their friends who work less and have more free time to play. So it isn't a pay to win mechanic at all. There are right and wrong ways to do micro transactions, just like there is a right and wrong way to do dlc. Yes a lot of companies have chosen the wrong way to do things. Doesn't make the mechanic itself bad just means that company screwed up. I don't think Jack and his team are going to go down the wrong path.

That said back on topic now, given the current issues with the game as seen in the streams that jack has done, and given he has said invictus still has at least a week more of work to do on the client side before handing it over to Jack. I think maybe last week in Sept. beta might happen, maybe 1st week in Oct.? then depending on bugs and so forth and how long those take to work out.. a week or 2 of beta before official launch. so I am thinking closer to mid-late October for the release date at this point if you look at it realistically. Maybe even longer if a lot of issues are found during the beta.
Yes most likely in October due to the much improvements left to do.
But Hey, better late then never!

Alright, to sum it all up, this is how I figured out the release range:

Code:
September 8, 2019:

Hi everyone
As you know, we are working hard on getting the game up and running. We are about 2 weeks behind due to Invictus being at Gamescom this year.
So far we have the backend database and management tools up and running, Login Server and a single Game Server are also online.
We are waiting for the game client to be released to us so we can start working on that.
Hopefully next week we will start working on the client.

Beta is estimated to start in 1-2 weeks. With release 1 week after that.
You are going to need a forum account to play the game so go register now.

1-2 weeks gave me September 15-22, and plus one week gave me September 22-29. I know I can't be right, but this is what happens when I take it literally. Then again early October might be likely, but I have a really short school vacation and I don't want PT to open once school starts. It's not like I want to rush Jack just because I want to have some fun times.

well atm its out of jack's hands. Invictus still has the client and is working on it. when jack gets it then he can move forward into beta.

Now that September 15 has passed and September 16 is almost over. The most probable beta release would be September 17-22, which places the final release at September 24-29.

Since Jack wants the game to come out on a Friday or Thursday, the likely release date would be September 26-27 if the Steam release date is taken into account. However, some release dates do tend to be pushed back, so October 3-4 and 10-11 may also be possible.

Since Jack wants the game to come out on a Friday or Thursday, the likely release date would be September 26-27 if the Steam release date is taken into account. However, some release dates do tend to be pushed back, so October 3-4 and 10-11 may also be possible.
Let's hope that that's the true date :p