What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

tag for wheel and pedals users

DynamiteDriver

All the veteran players knows that there's nothing to do against a wheel and pedals user, unless he's a total noob.
You can't win or race, it's a one end event.
i want w&p racers locked out from arcade racing, they belong to sim racing.

that isnt true at all, i have experience on all sides when it comes to control input in this game. All i can say is, that wheel and pedal only give advantages in sim. The rest can get handled by players with other input too. tbh, i would say wheel and pedals are even a handycap on 1-2 gamemodes.

Wheel and pedals are slower, if not equal, in Arcade than keyboard or gamepad.
That's what I've gotten at least, having raced against people with wheels.

wheel only fast in class 1 can not other class, that's why you play class 1 only and not know this. wheel bad for high class. only in sim better but not in arcade ya

Explain all this to Fastagain... well known user of w&p and unbeatable racer with his class1 lion. You all are full of bs.

bruh, lion. Everything you wrote became invalid the moment the mentioned the lion. Its a world wide known fact, that the lion is op and ez shreds the other cars. Everyone can get beaten if the car performances are equal.

I am not quite sure if you can say that a wheel and pedal user is automatically faster than a driver with another input device.

Personally I am driving with keyboard because that works best for me. I tried controller and wheel too at arcade mode. But due to my lack of driving ability I cannot drive faster with controller or wheel.

But besides the fact that wheel users like Kain, FastAgain or Stingray are way faster than me and not beatable there are some pad users that are in the same way faster and unbeatable like Headhunter and BlackHorse.

So maybe the fastest drivers could write down here who is fastest when they are racing each other and we can see if there is really an input device that brings more performance than the other or if it depends on the drivers ability.

My limit is definitely not the input device. Its my poor performance. :D

just had a race against Fast-Again. Yes he can drive pretty fast. But he isnt unbeatable. I was racing in a Wizz and i saw where he catched up and where i got my distance back. Was an equal race imo.

I am not quite sure if you can say that a wheel and pedal user is automatically faster than a driver with another input device.

Personally I am driving with keyboard because that works best for me. I tried controller and wheel too at arcade mode. But due to my lack of driving ability I cannot drive faster with controller or wheel.

But besides the fact that wheel users like Kain, FastAgain or Stingray are way faster than me and not beatable there are some pad users that are in the same way faster and unbeatable like Headhunter and BlackHorse.

So maybe the fastest drivers could write down here who is fastest when they are racing each other and we can see if there is really an input device that brings more performance than the other or if it depends on the drivers ability.

My limit is definitely not the input device. Its my poor performance. :D
Kain is a great player, and i respect him a lot, Blackhorse is no big deal, he just flexes with morello when things don't go his way, and i have beaten him hard with my poor kawana...
Point is that your argument is invalid for several technical reasons, first the benefit of imput wich is universally recognised as effective, second the obvious knowledge of the game and how to exploit it's mechanics.. If you are a veteran in this game you'll know that your statement is just blowing air

This thread is a gigglefest.

In Project Torque, a wheel and pedals and a shifter will not make you faster. Think about that sentence and what is being said. The reason for this is because the wheel and pedals react slightly different in terms of timing than a controller. Example...you can turn full left on the controller faster than turning full left with the steering wheel.

That said, some people are better at using a wheel than a controller. Some people are also better at using a wheel and pedals than you are with a controller. There is also the same situations but in reverse for some.

On certain tracks I can (or could last time I tried) get the same laptimes with my wheel as with either of my controllers. Other tracks, it is not going to happen. That does not at all mean that my experiences pertain to others.

This is not a simulator nor is it trying to be, therefore the wheels benefits are far and few between. This is an arcade game. Plain and simple.

Next, one of you are going to be wondering why your thomson does not have 1150+ degree steering in the lion.

If you really want to see who the fastest in here really is.... we have to get rid of the gimmicks and speed helpers.
We would need the removal of "catch up" for those in arcade and the removal of that bs which makes people with slow machines and internet able to compete. It was coined "make up time" back in the day but I'd rather let my old term die and yall come up with a new one. Third, you would have to evolve past exaggerated drafting. fouth and final... get rid of the ability for these "win at all cost children" to wall ride. Remove those and we will see who is the fastest here. Hands down. Without question.

If i remember rightly a lot of the Top 3 Times laid down on tracks where by gamers using a keyboard up against the best wheel users, and these were races with maxed out cars and no helpers. Some gamers just excel at racing games and can win with their eyes shut, where as others are just average and just enjoy the thrill of the race, or see the game as just a bit of fun. The wall ride and pay to win was removed from this game a couple of years ago, so a good clean race now a days without helpers is standard.