What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Suggestion about car prices and their upgrades

SPEEDER_BG

First I gotta say thing is my vision of prices of cars and their upgrades and neither Jack or anyone is obliged to agree with them. In fact, everyone is welcome to throw in any ideas for as long as the prices don't return to the Invictus oriignal prices.
The forum doesn't support docx files, so I have archived all 3 files in a zip file.

P.S. The forum refuses to attach the zip file, so I uploaded it on mediafire:

I don´t think that a single stage of upgrades should cost more than the actual car.
For me, car prices should be calculated based on how many hours of game time we think you must play to afford one. Let´s imagine a class 2 car like the Quadro were to require 4 hours of gameplay to buy then another 1h for each stage of upgrades, total 8h for a fully tuned car. Class3 stock could be 6h, class 4 8h, class 5 10h and so on so that it would take XX hours to have 1 tuned car from every class and not out of reach for players new to the game.
It´s important to be linear with prices and unlock levels or people will just skip car classes and everyone races with a Cobra or Panama like in Level R days.
I think prices should only be set once we know exactly how many existing cars are going to be in the final release. If the licensed cars come in too then prices have to be lower - if we are going to be stuck with only the current cars then probably the prices have to be the same or higher.

I would not like to see car prices changing once the final version is released - it is better to play with the RP rewards if the numbers are off.

I don´t think that a single stage of upgrades should cost more than the actual car.
Here comes the first #$%•& who didn't bother to read the docx file with the suggested prices... I don't know why do I even bother!

I did read it. For example, your list has the Hexan at 10k rp and a full stage of upgrades at almost double that cost, with a stage 4 body alone costing 10.2k rp, which is exactly the point I made.

Why should a single upgrade or even a full stage of upgrade be worth more than the car?

Surely the main challenge should be to unlock the actual car. Otherwise if upgrades are too much then people will just make stock rooms and only allow untuned cars in.

I do agree with you that non upgradeable cars should cost more than the same class ones with tuning, especially as some people only want to play TA or drift mode.

@Jack has posted in another thread that he feel the same BTW.

Last edited: