What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

same color goes matte and glossy

TEYDI

Dunno if this is a bug but I have noticed many car colors don't look the same on different tracks.

Project Torque Screenshot 2020.06.08 - 13.24.07.18.png Project Torque Screenshot 2020.06.08 - 13.21.42.52.png

Project Torque Screenshot 2020.06.08 - 13.27.57.81.png Project Torque Screenshot 2020.06.08 - 13.29.31.48.png

Same with other cars...

I had this occur to me on the garage after going into the Crew parking lot and then leaving.

*slams hand on face* ok this might be me being crazy or stupid but... maybe just maybe... they look different because different lighting. one is on tarmac, the other is on a dirt road. the sky in both are very different. So from my perspective it stands to reason that of course the lighting in both situations would be different and that can drastically change the way paint looks.

It is to do with the map not having an included reflection data file or being glitched/not loaded.

I think. I have had the same issue come up before.