What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Roadmap

I'm not sure what thread you read that in but the only content so far that has been completely said no about is the open world as the main setting. The Devs want to keep game navigation as a menu. However they are working at using the city map from the open world and making it into its own free roam mode along with other maps, so even it will be implemented in a way.

That was in response to an someone complaining that it didn't have the hud and that the game wasn't exactly like level R. which Jack is correct he revived PT not Level-R. It is silly to expect to have all the things from level-r in PT. However Jack as also said he wants to add cars, tracks, and modes from other builds and other versions of the game. However the look and feel will still be Project Torque. I believe this is what Jack meant by this.

Not true, with ghost off you still get a little draft effect and with ghost on it is enough to win with a Kawana if you time your run perfectly or have a number of cars to draft with. It´s more of a chess game than real racing but since we have CTF, drift, explorer then Wangan is fine by me.
Post automatically merged:

That was in response to an someone complaining that it didn't have the hud and that the game wasn't exactly like level R. which Jack is correct he revived PT not Level-R. It is silly to expect to have all the things from level-r in PT. However Jack as also said he wants to add cars, tracks, and modes from other builds and other versions of the game. However the look and feel will still be Project Torque. I believe this is what Jack meant by this.

Ooh sorry but Wangan requires 0 effort. More plebs want it out so you're doomed.
Sorry but have to say something about that you said.
Wangan can seem to be just press Forward and thats all, but if you now about race and so you can see it has also challenge even with ghost:

-With Ghost: you need to take the few corners perfecto to mantain the speed because in the first corner 80% of the people tend to crash and lose speed and because that the race (including me sometimes xD)
-Without Ghost: Its a race of Strategy, you need no only take the corners good but now how and when to Draft, drafting at the perfect moment can give you the win even againts cars better than yours, in this track the draft its the key.

So man if you say "Wangan requires 0 effort" to race, you are really wrong and need to learn more about cars and races :3

if theres something im wrong and the more experienced than me saw them please tell me, i want to learn more :D

Sorry but have to say something about that you said.
Wangan can seem to be just press Forward and thats all, but if you now about race and so you can see it has also challenge even with ghost:

-With Ghost: you need to take the few corners perfecto to mantain the speed because in the first corner 80% of the people tend to crash and lose speed and because that the race (including me sometimes xD)
-Without Ghost: Its a race of Strategy, you need no only take the corners good but now how and when to Draft, drafting at the perfect moment can give you the win even againts cars better than yours, in this track the draft its the key.

So man if you say "Wangan requires 0 effort" to race, you are really wrong and need to learn more about cars and races :3

if theres something im wrong and the more experienced than me saw them please tell me, i want to learn more :D
That sounds like common sense. You see winds off a car= slipstream. Follow the racing like aswell. Common sense. Sometimes it's fun but sometimes it isn't. And people should learn to stop beating the dead horse. But Roc and many others don't understand that. I hope you do though.

Project Torque had City hub, one point in time Level-r and PT got all updates from invictus. After PT closed down, Level-R never received no new tracks or cars. Just updates or maintenance to current content. Heat Did same as jack, paid ownership rights. Heat just did basic Maintenance let old player should have never been given power run the game. Heat never had a chance to make it for two reason.

Still have video of PT showing full car list and tracks. City hub was one of the last major updates followed by Crew House. After that just updates to fix issues, or server maintenance.

As for payouts and wangan, you can make 40km race by doing 7 laps of city tour #2, with a decent payout. It's not a difficult track to drive and takes less time than 5 wangan, yet if you make a room for that you get hardly any players. So really, now that (it appears) race laps can go to 20 like they used to, the main issue is persuading people to farm anything else except wangan for XP; but that was an issue forever in PT and no doubt level-R.

As to content, am I remembering right there was a way to earn XP solo in PT, maybe in missions? Would certainly like to see missions come back, I keep earning keys but they do nothing. Where we are now, seems to me, I see most of the tracks and modes I recall from the Aeria days 10+ years ago. Right now the biggest lack is mid-range cars, we go direct from C2 to Spiedo. I'm sure there were more cars in between on level 3-4-5 so getting more variety of cars would certainly help, by encouraging people to develop.

I'd agree with the steam workshop suggestion too. probably not for whole cars but certainly custom parts. Some of the parts e.g. vinyls are priced at a level that I'm highly unlikely to buy, but I guess if other people buy them that helps fund the game. I have bought GP and will buy more, but mainly to buy cars.

Updated OP with what has been done, what is WIP and what is delayed.

We will be adding back in the rest of the cars that were removed due to licenses running out. WIP June
Ideally, we would re-license these cars (and we will try in January to do this) so that you can have the authentic experience.
To do this we need the player numbers to go up and this is something we will be working on via advertising the game once our main issues are sorted out.
If we are unable to obtain the licenses, we will add back in the modified versions that look similar but are not the branded cars.

Debadged cars are coming soon?

Хочу предупредить Джека о внутриигровых чемпионатах. Конечно, еженедельные чемпионаты были главным фактором, вызвавшим интерес к игре и желание кататься еще лучше, но! ... Я говорю о версии игры под названием «Speed Online», и именно эти чемпионаты разрушили экономику «Speed Online». Дело в том, что произошла забавная ошибка, позволившая сделать GP буквально из воздуха простыми манипуляциями создания и отмены внутри командных чемпионатов. Поэтому перед введением чемпионатов необходимо исключить возможность использования этого бага, иначе игра долго не проживет, а мне бы этого очень не хотелось.

I want to warn Jack about the in-game championships. Of course, the weekly championships were the main factor that sparked interest in the game and the desire to skate even better, but! ... I'm talking about a version of the game called Speed Online, and it was these championships that destroyed the economy of Speed Online. The fact is that there was a funny mistake that allowed to make GP literally out of thin air by simple manipulations of creating and canceling within the team championships. Therefore, before the introduction of championships, it is necessary to exclude the possibility of using this bug, otherwise the game will not last long, and I would really not like that.
We wont be touching any of the Speed Online code. It is quite different from what we have today.