What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Remove the option “kick from the room”.

Ge-Force

Sorry with my English. Very often there are situations when players basically do not want to play in the same room and kick out of the room during loading. This ruins the statistics of the kicked player, adds “finished race” and “days on the track” (I don’t understand why these basic errors cannot be fixed. I suggest leaving the “kick” option only in the room before the race and removing the option during loading into the race. Thanks.

Yeah I do occasionally suffer with this,but for me its just because the loading time. I mean,my laptop often take 3 - 5 secs more to load the map than others,but I get kicked just because people cant wait 5 seconds,as soon as their loading bar its done they imediatelly vote to kick me. To be honest I find it pretty unfair so I'm hoping for an removal of this 'feature'.

Working on having only the host kick users.
I know you do all this stuff in your spare time and there are just two of you, for that you have my greatest respect, but this an important thing.
Im sure that you guys have tons of things on your to do list but would it be possible to move this "remove kick in loading screen" thing just a little to the top.
Its one big annoyance if you get constantly kicked out of the loading screens just because other players dont like you or are sore losers.
And im not only speaking for myself, i watched this happen a lot in the last six weeks since i started to play.

I know you do all this stuff in your spare time and there are just two of you, for that you have my greatest respect, but this an important thing.
Im sure that you guys have tons of things on your to do list but would it be possible to move this "remove kick in loading screen" thing just a little to the top.
Its one big annoyance if you get constantly kicked out of the loading screens just because other players dont like you or are sore losers.
And im not only speaking for myself, i watched this happen a lot in the last six weeks since i started to play.
Put PT on a SSD and it will load ALOT faster, preventing you to be kicked.

i believe that option should remain. there are still players with big lag, and sometimes you wait for the race to start even more than 2-3 minutes for them, because they are stuck. so why should all the players wait for one that will be stuck? besides, the game doesn't have high requirements anyway, and internet these days is not like in 2008 neither. i think the game should remain as original as it was, but with more stuff added, not taken. is like the login girls which they were taken out because of kids and parents who are not agreeing with, but even tho, nobody will stop them to play +18 games or whatsoever.