What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Race betting system

TorQueHQ

Hello there,
As i have played many android racing games, one of them CSR2, where you can bet any amount of $ for a race and the winner get's all, i would suggest the same for PT, BUT there are some differences. (I know we have the CHALLENGE mode but that only applies to "CP")
  • Allow it only for 1vs1 player matches like Drag Race mode;
  • Minimum player level between 15-20;
  • Maximum bet of 500 RP;
  • Maximum earnings per day limited to 5000 RP.
Or have a second version like this
  • Allow it for all game modes, excluding CTF, Explorer, Challenge;
  • Minimum user in the room must be 6-8;
  • The room host choose the bet value;
  • The winner get's 50% of all the earnings (the other 50% goes to the remaining players, split by all of them);
  • Maximum bet of 1000 RP;
  • Maximum earnings per day limited to 10000 RP.
In this second version, the bet must be decided by the player, if he decides to be out of the bet for that race, he will not pay or receive any RP from the bet but other players will. So if a player does not bet and wins the race, the second place takes the win of the bet.

Thank you

would only help when a friend want a RP boost for his/her friend by misusing this feature. IMHO it's still better and more effective help than by just waiting at finish-line (which maybe improves by 3% for last placed and lowers overall payout per time for everyone else). But still it will not serve its purpose for the vast majority.

But maybe implement such an idea, that it will happen 1 of 42 races and randomly? Also with quite low probability, so that no starts to think of it as "lets help pump a clan-member".

Or if this is desired effect for most here in PT to be able to share RPs (XPs too?)... well why not.

would only help when a friend want a RP boost for his/her friend by misusing this feature. IMHO it's still better and more effective help than by just waiting at finish-line (which maybe improves by 3% for last placed and lowers overall payout per time for everyone else). But still it will not serve its purpose for the vast majority.

But maybe implement such an idea, that it will happen 1 of 42 races and randomly? Also with quite low probability, so that no starts to think of it as "lets help pump a clan-member".

Or if this is desired effect for most here in PT to be able to share RPs (XPs too?)... well why not.
That's why i said "Minimum player level between 15-20; " for 1vs1 matches OR "Minimum user in the room must be 6-8; " for no level requirement option. so yeah, could be useful to help someone on the crew or friend but you will end up losing RP.

1vs1 match is a weak restriction...
"Minimum user in the room must be 6-8; " is better, but still quite easy to bypass.

But I have another idea, why not implement it in a such way, that you can't repeat such thing with same people over and over. We need to make sure, it only works if people change in the room. How to do it exactly, well that's quite difficult though.

We may add also another restriction, which would allow this idea only for public room (non-pw-protected one).

P.S.: I personally don't mind not being rewarded with RP in a race, since I am not a type of guy who wants every car available. But why not making a RP-donating possible?Maybe in that case it would eliminate waiting in vs-matches completely ;) But then again, that would be another topic for another suggestion

It's a good idea, i've seen this in WOS. It works well maybe it could be implemented at some stage in the near future.

Actually this is a horrible idea. This could be seen as gambling and thus some countries could end up blocking PT from being downloaded or played in them whic which would force people to use a VPN to play creating more lag. People are very touchy about things that can be seen as gambling and while your idea doesn't use real money I could still see it causing an issue. in that same line I think challenge mode should be completely removed to avoid a backlash of the same kind.

Actually this is a horrible idea. This could be seen as gambling and thus some countries could end up blocking PT from being downloaded or played in them whic which would force people to use a VPN to play creating more lag. People are very touchy about things that can be seen as gambling and while your idea doesn't use real money I could still see it causing an issue. in that same line I think challenge mode should be completely removed to avoid a backlash of the same kind.
How you consider this as gambling? so Challenge mode isn't ?
That makes no sense at all, i agree if we were talking about the Challenge mode, which indeed can be seen as gambling but not when we are talking about RP with such limitations as i said in the first post.
Also adding a the rule that no more than 2 bets with the same player could be made allows it to be less "gambling" like.

Torque read everything I said. I said Challenge mode should also be removed for the same reason. To make PT draw positive criticism he needs to avoid these red flag things.

IMHO Challenge should be removed. Mainly because no on played it. But also it is borderline gambling (betting on ones self rather than on others).

One of the new race modes I want to introduce is competitive. This would be Elo ranking based like all the FPS games (and how your current rank is calculated).

IMHO Challenge should be removed. Mainly because no on played it. But also it is borderline gambling (betting on ones self rather than on others).

One of the new race modes I want to introduce is competitive. This would be Elo ranking based like all the FPS games (and how your current rank is calculated).
That's a good idea, i like it.