What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Questions

Samuelrichter66

Recently, ive taken the time into this game ONCE AGAIN after leaving for the third time, and i have come to the conclusion that i need to improve my playstyle/skill, im wondering what your tips for the best playstyle and what i should be doing to better myself in this world full of Volkswagen jettas and BMW Z4s, since i have absolutely no idea what i need to do anymore in order to even get a respectable place in a race, i hope you also suggest me some balance parts that i should be using, as currently i only have these cars: Kawana K660 (My first car)
Quadro SF-6 (My class 2 car)
Lion Executive Sedan (My newest car /Unfinished\)
:cautious: Yeah, you can tell i havent progressed alot, in fact, im level 19/20 rn. which yeah... shows just how much money i get (its not alot)
So i hope you guys help me out a bit so i can get a little better at the game just so i dont end up 7th place again. ?

ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵈᵒⁿᵗ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵃ ᶠˡᵃᵐᵉ ʷᵃʳ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉᵖˡᶦᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏˢ . ?

Attachments

• DfJKHcwVMAAgm0u.jpg
    DfJKHcwVMAAgm0u.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 0
Max your cars out, get the perfect racing line , oh and get the right balancers... you will win!

Max your cars out, get the perfect racing line , oh and get the right balancers... you will win!
Ok so ive ALMOST maxxed my cars out apart from the Quadro, that ones still Level 3... "Perfect Racing Line" huh... You mean like a seperate gadget from the regular one or just me following it in every way possible? (Brake on red, Slow down yellow, Go fast green, Follow the line like as if it was a car navigation system) And What Balancers? Like Depending on the track or the car? Either Way Can You Please Tell Me Which Ones To Choose On Which Car? Thanks. (P.S. It Might Be Hard To Do The Perfect Racing Line Thing Due To Collisions)

Attachments

• DfEO2ZwU0AEgWlH.jpg
    DfEO2ZwU0AEgWlH.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 0
If you race with some of the high levelers in this game watch their lines they totally differ from the consumable race lines.... With practice you will get those top 3 times in no time.

Forget about that "racing line" item, thats totally ... worthless. Like Old-Skool wrote, take a close look at the guys and gals in front of you. Try to copy their line or find your own ... if you cant see em, too far behind etc. just save the replay file and watch it.
With the cars, well you will find mostly Lion´s around because its the "strongest" allrounder in class 1, but dont underestimate the 3 other cars. Each of them has its pros and cons and all, if you get the hang of their driving style, can be really fast and win.
The thing with the balancers is similar to the cars, you will need to find a set that works for your style of driving. Means you have to practice a bit around and test on different tracks.

You mean other 2 class 1 cars... the corus is just bad and can't beat the other cars on any track. the wizz is the best at long straights, the kawana is best on the slow tight corners and the lion is the all rounder. the corus lacks on all fronts and if you use it you will lose unless the people race against are just horrible at driving. This aside, yeah watch their lines. basically the less you slide the faster you will be which is the challenge of arcade. Or be like me and somehow be quicker than most while sliding but just outside of the top guys because you refuse to drive all grippy.

I wouldn't say the Corus is just bad. I generally find myself winning most races I am in and have raced at least 1 guy that is very fast in the Corus. He will surely give you a run for your money.

For me, with Kawana, I have Acceleration A+ and Brake F. Lion is Acceleration A and Brake F. I have not adjusted Areo yet, but might. Also to note, I have been told to run L3 tire upgrades on Kawana to help with traction on multi surface racing. L4 tires are slicks, where L3 are tread tires (have not tested this theory yet).

Also keep in mind that I race with the keyboard, so it may differ with a Gamepad/Joystick/Yoke/Wheel.

As for the Quadro, I have a Hexan and wish to sell it, lol. I can beat Class 2 Quadro and Hexan with my Lion on most tracks. Both Quadro and Hexan have bad cornering ability and push like a dump truck fully loaded doing 60 mph in mud.

Last edited:
KAwana need more torque, it may turn quickier but it can't follow a Lion into a turn, so, more torque.
Post automatically merged:

I wouldn't say the Corus is just bad. I generally find myself winning most races I am in and have raced at least 1 guy that is very fast in the Corus. He will surely give you a run for your money.

For me, with Kawana, I have Acceleration A+ and Brake F. Lion is Acceleration A and Brake F. I have not adjusted Areo yet, but might. Also to note, I have been told to run L3 tire upgrades on Kawana to help with traction on multi surface racing. L4 tires are slicks, where L3 are tread tires (have not tested this theory yet).

Also keep in mind that I race with the keyboard, so it may differ with a Gamepad/Joystick/Yoke/Wheel.

As for the Quadro, I have a Hexan and wish to sell it, lol. I can beat Class 2 Quadro and Hexan with my Lion on most tracks. Both Quadro and Hexan have bad cornering ability and push like a dump truck fully loaded doing 60 mph in mud.
i'm a keyboard Kawana user\master, all the settings you need are back aerodinamics maxed and front brake maxed, if you fancy you may use front grip maxed but i don't find it usefull at all.

The quadro doesn't turn bad once you use the right balancers. its better than the hexan. actually the quadro, c-racer, and spire are pretty damn close, each gaining in different areas. the spire is the same story as the kawana, it is a handling beast. the quadro has the highest top speed and will pretty consistently win on anything made of mostly straights. and the c-racer is sort of your all rounder in class 2. it has the awd advantage on accel like the quadro however it stops in half the distance and isn't inclined to drift as much. the c-racer with its shorter wheel base and smaller body makes it pretty close to the spire on nimbleness. and its top speed is inbetween the other 2. the hexan is just the drifty boy and that is about all its good for.

The quadro doesn't turn bad once you use the right balancers. its better than the hexan. actually the quadro, c-racer, and spire are pretty damn close, each gaining in different areas. the spire is the same story as the kawana, it is a handling beast. the quadro has the highest top speed and will pretty consistently win on anything made of mostly straights. and the c-racer is sort of your all rounder in class 2. it has the awd advantage on accel like the quadro however it stops in half the distance and isn't inclined to drift as much. the c-racer with its shorter wheel base and smaller body makes it pretty close to the spire on nimbleness. and its top speed is inbetween the other 2. the hexan is just the drifty boy and that is about all its good for.
Finding that sweet spot on the balance for the Quadro is what's eluding me .

I guess I need to update about Quadro/Hexan. Just ran a test with Quadro vs Lion on a couple different tracks and was shown that Quadro can be quicker in most cases. All I can guess is that I was either driving against non-upgraded cars or non-fast drivers. I was able to keep up relatively decently on a tighter circuit, but if it had a straightaway, Lion was beat hands down.

yeah because that is where the quadro shines. It's top speed. the spire is the class 2 handling beast. and yes you will find often times a stock car in the next class is about the same as the previous one fully upgraded.