What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

POSITION FILLED - JOB: Web Dev / Visual Basics for forum interrogation and Steam billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Staff member
Ideally this is a single roll but if it needs to be split up, that is fine.
Now I have had time to take a look at the back-end code, I can post this job with more info and detail so we get the right person on board.

We are after a developer to join the team to help work on the login system for the game as well as Steam billing.

You will be required to work out what the login server does to communicate with previous forum software to check login information.
You will then need to rewrite the back-end code to work with XenForo to allow users to login to the game with the forum account (email and password).

The back-end code is written using VisualBasic. The back-end also uses MS SQL for its database.
Our forum uses MySQL for its database.

We also need to work with Steam to allow users to buy in game currency using the store page.
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/microtransactions

If you are interested in this position. Please direct message me with your skills (programming language) and past relevant programming work.
Applications from those in Europe and USA/Canada only please.
This is a paid role.

UPDATE 10/09/19
We have semi filled this role. If you have experience with Steam API and Stream Billing, please get in touch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.