What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Petition: TA on Nurgenhoch

Deus Iratus

GameSage
Hello everybody,
we are currently at a point with PT where the number of players is more than just in the basement.

One of these reasons is the lack of new content for players who have already achieved (bought) everything that is currently available, or simply the fact that the content that is eagerly awaited by various players is more than far way from release

Especially when you follow the stuff on Discord, you quickly realize that the Game makes progress, but only EXTREMELY slowly. The fact that Jack is trying to do it all alone is one of the main reasons. Ofc its more than understandable in view of the legal situation.

What is not understandable from my point of view is the fact that Jack knowingly and intentionally withholds content because he believes that it does not work (Only in case of Playing, it would work technically)

This brings me to the reason for this petition: Jack refuses to unlock Nurgenhoch for TA because he doesn't think it can be driven properly. He didnt give us precise reasons for each refusal of the request from the community to activate the Track there.
He also refused to let a small amount of players Test it in the Beta Branch, who are familiar with TA and want to get an clearer idea of the situation.

With this petition I would like to show Jack that many people are interested in experiencing TA on Nurgenhoch (again), or to convince him to reconsider his decision and to release this Track for TA again.

Especially in relation to the current situation where we have to wait months for content and Redrock is also far away, it would be more than pleasant if we just had an variety for the players who only drive TA.

It would be great if everyone would write his opinion here or atleast react to this post with an thumps up or down.

-Greetings Deus Iratus

Nurgenhoch was essentially created for Thunder Alley. It's supposed to be a very technical course, one where simply going fast is not enough.
We were not given the chance to prove this track is drivable, despite the fact that this track was enabled in the past. Basically, we're getting refused access to content we used to have, simply because Jack said no.
Having driven Nurgen with TA cars, I have to say it's more than drivable. There's even video proof of it being so.
And even if it is, what or who is it gonna hurt having the track available for people to play on if they choose and want to, versus locking the track away from everyone?
It's not a case of wanting something that is new or never seen before, nor is it us not knowing what we want.
It's literally a feature we had before, and suddenly we're denied access to.

Same with the road cars on offroad courses. Just wanted to throw that in here. A very easy way to kinda bring new content into the game. Definetly brings more possibilities for things to do ingame. Making Nurgenhoch availible for T/A would even make me play it, as I normally dont‘t like T/A cuz it‘s kinda boring imo. But Nurgenhoch would definetly make it much more interesting.

I've made a topic on the all cars on offroad courses, it's in suggestions.
It's best to keep this one on topic.
TA Nurgen would definitely be an interesting and fun place to race on. I'm sorry, but bringing out the "it sucks" result with a few minutes of driving is a decision I personally cannot accept.
And even if it does suck, so what? We might like TA Nurgen. Much like I don't like the Harpoon, and some people love it.
Besides, have you played Livenport with the Intimidator? It sucks. Don't see Livenport disabled though.

Really, I miss HEAT ONLINE with all its maps, cars and everything :love::love::love: . I pity Jack, we each want something and he is alone and cannot do everything at once !! For example, I want new drift vehicles and others want and others want! This is difficult to achieve by only two men who work in their spare time, and more importantly, Jack is the only person who knows the economy of the game and what must be done in order to continue it. All we have is patience, too. I am patient with the Drift Mode, which, as I said before, has become deserted due to the lack of good cars and the non-return of the Classic Circle map. Patience must be here. that they are only two people who work in their spare time only!

Really, I miss HEAT ONLINE with all its maps, cars and everything :love::love::love: . I pity Jack, we each want something and he is alone and cannot do everything at once !! For example, I want new drift vehicles and others want and others want! This is difficult to achieve by only two men who work in their spare time, and more importantly, Jack is the only person who knows the economy of the game and what must be done in order to continue it. All we have is patience, too. I am patient with the Drift Mode, which, as I said before, has become deserted due to the lack of good cars and the non-return of the Classic Circle map. Patience must be here. that they are only two people who work in their spare time only!
Not only is it hard to acheive with just 2 devs!... there is a finantial burden also- what Invictus still demand! .... And the fact that they still have not given over key files for this game to evolve rapidly, i say this by what i read on the forums and discord, i could be wrong ofc, And would happily stand corrected by a team member or a fan.

I do not drive TA at all right now and very rarely in the past. That said, real life NASCAR is not oval only. These cars are clearly made to cater to the NASCAR fans. It is not a stretch to assume that these TA cars were originally intended to do more than they have in all past forms (and the current, soon to be most awesome version) of this lovely game. In my unasked for opinion, the TA cars should be allowed to drive on all circuits. Circuits only, although the first TA car should be allowed on any and all tracks.

Reason for TA cars on all tracks: Watkins Glen and other circuits are legendary for NASCAR. They are not ovals.

Reason for first TA car only on any track: It is the type of tube framed nonsense that people bring to hill climbs and other dirt based fun in real life. Just needs to look like it has dirt tires when switching to a dirt track.

I also agree with the above posts about all cars being available for off road races. We all must realize that some of the cars will simply never finish a lap without severe damage. I accept and welcome that challenge.

Please do not give AhmedSaeed96 any more drift cars. He is too good in the ones he has now.

If Jack truly does not want this to happen then I have no choice but to accept and respect that.
If this petition is simply a way for Jack to see if there is enough interest to warrant the work, I'm in.

Please do not give AhmedSaeed96 any more drift cars. He is too good in the ones he has now.

Hey Man .. all 3 drift cars sucks ! This is not my words but the words of the majority who know the real drift. For example, I was used only mazda car in HEAT ONLINE because it was my favorite . its was great drift car but 3 avillable now sucks !

I'd say the Rookie would first have to be duplicated and rebalanced to be reworked into that tube frame thing you're talking about.

The rookie, yes, the first TA car. I forgot the name and did not feel like looking. Are you (facepalm) thinking that I confused it with another car or do not understand why I typed what I typed ?

I know what you mean.
Anyway, as was proposed on the Discord server, a level lock seems to be a good solution.
A level 25-30 lock