What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

penalties!

The dirty drivers are getting out of hand. The lobby name should state what it is. So Tim's reply with this context means that he is probably a rammer in serious lobbies aswell.
Most dirty drivers go on to be farmers or they already are but trying to race properly.
Also, what you should do as an owner of the lobby is put ghost off and see how the first racers behave, until a pleb or more that join drive unfairly, turn ghost on, tell them not to ram and if they promise they won't, turn it back on. This way you provide fair and trusted racing. See punting? Repeat. You will see him suffer as he can't drive the racing line properly and when he punts and gets a good result he can't anymore. Extend the periods aswell untill they leave. I'm interested in Krono's opinion and your opinion as well in its efficiency factor. Haven't tried it, but I promise I will.

You can't change ghost once the room is made. You have to set it when you create the room I do believe. I am sure this is something we would like to change in the future though.

Hmm, I can change it. In the side tab, the right side tab.
He means once set that room remains Ghost on, period. If you want a Ghost off you will have to shut down your room and make a new one to set GO. You can't switch unfortunately it's another that could be implemented in the near future.

The dirty drivers are getting out of hand. The lobby name should state what it is. So Tim's reply with this context means that he is probably a rammer in serious lobbies aswell.
Most dirty drivers go on to be farmers or they already are but trying to race properly.
Also, what you should do as an owner of the lobby is put ghost off and see how the first racers behave, until a pleb or more that join drive unfairly, turn ghost on, tell them not to ram and if they promise they won't, turn it back on. This way you provide fair and trusted racing. See punting? Repeat. You will see him suffer as he can't drive the racing line properly and when he punts and gets a good result he can't anymore. Extend the periods aswell untill they leave. I'm interested in Krono's opinion and your opinion as well in its efficiency factor. Haven't tried it, but I promise I will.

No racer. Really I very prefer races without ramming. But if people around me play "dirty" I do the same. It is not so interesting like "fair" race but what I can do with it ? Btw , how I can identify which lobby is serious ? After maybe 30 hours in game and level 20 must repeat the feelings from my 1st post - the most percentage of races contains ramming and blocking.

No racer. Really I very prefer races without ramming. But if people around me play "dirty" I do the same. It is not so interesting like "fair" race but what I can do with it ? Btw , how I can identify which lobby is serious ? After maybe 30 hours in game and level 20 must repeat the feelings from my 1st post - the most percentage of races contains ramming and blocking.
You can tell if it's serious is if someone who is good in or there's little punting

This is the tab. You can change but you need to retire from the race

Attachments

• screenshot (181).png
    screenshot (181).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Funny, really funny...

First of all, the most funny thing is when people talk about things like "no rules in the game" or "the gameplay want you to ram other people" and so on. Breaking news: we have game rules: https://community.projecttorque.racing/threads/game-rules-read-me.258/
and no, the game and/or the game mechanics didn't ask you to ram other players.

Also, "arcade racing" doesn't mean "hit everybody freely", the arcade word refers to the car physics (drift, sliding, almost no braking etc.) and not on the gameplay/behavior during the race. We have CTF and maybe one day Sumo if we want to crash some cars

And again, funny also how most if not all of those rammers are always in the last positions at the end of the race, so we have to think that they ram because they can't drive in a decent way, so they can't win or finish in the first 3 places, and so the only thing they can do is ruin the race for everyone else. But if someone ram no stop without win or finish a race, what's the point of racing? Better play CTF, or play with ghost. It doesn't make sense to ram to finish last..

I have to specify: i have nothing wrong with the new players needing pratice, knowing how to drive etc and making mistakes because inexperience, i'm talking about more or less experienced players ramming on purpose.
Same way, i have nothing against who hit someone else by mistake, i'm the first that sometimes didn't brake in time to avoid the car in front of me slowing down unexpectedly, or hitting a wall/pole bouncing on another car, but there's a big difference between two cars hitting by mistake and hitting/ramming on purpose.

After this premise, just few examples:

- First race against one of those that here on the forum talk a lot about things like "i want clean race, but if someone else ram me i do the same" or complaining about rammers, result: he push me litterally out of the track 2 times, and same with other people. Second race, pushed again against a wall, and so on.

- First race against another of those forum user: first turn of the track is to the left.. he push me 4 times to the right.. at that point i start to push to the left because i want to turn and finally i overtake taking the first position.. next tight turn, the same player deliberately hit me on the side of the car like a torpedo ruining my car and my race.. at the end of the race i complain and he reply like "i was hitted many times but i'm not crying like you"

- Then, another one after ramming more or less everyone on several races, then stop in a straight, turn the car in the wrong way and hitting who is racing in the right direction, then when others complain, he wrote in chat: "if you so offended, then fight back! or are you incapable of this?"

That last sentence is the "best"... really we want everyone fight back everyone else and transform the game in a demolition derby? If i want i can ram everyone on every race, but what's the point?
Luckily we have a lot of players capable of doing an entire lap side by side (or almost) without crashing or generally speaking, players capable of a clean race from the start to finish, showing respect to the other players, so why we need to fight during races?
What we teach to the new players if every new player, maybe already frustrated because his car is the slowest or he didn't know tracks and/or how to drive well, get rammed by other 7 players? I think we need to encourage new players, show them that there's fun for everyone in the game, and not ruining everyone's races.. if people didn't enjoy the game because lot of ramming everywhere we start to lose players and the game can't live long without a solid playerbase..

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, and sorry again for my bad english ;)

There is also a command labeled /kick that lets you exterminate players from your server for a limited period of time.

DynamiteDriver is one of the most skilled racers out there. Perfect example that you don't need to ram to be good.