What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Overhaul Of The License Test System

Call me crazy, but I think it is a little bit silly that your license tests for higher and higher levels are done in a Corolla. In my opinion, higher license tests that gatekeep higher classes should actually be done with the cars from those upper classes. If you have to do a license test to reach Level 30, I honestly think they should be done in Class 5 cars.
I'd recommend having license tests with the most difficult to drive car of the class.

Corolla (understeers and snap oversteers), BMW 125i (basically a Corolla), Corus R4 (lift off oversteer), MR2 GT-S (snap oversteer and understeer), RX-7 FD, Panama, Morello, Nardo were the most challenging in a given class to drive quickly, not necessarily the fastest of a class, in my opinion.

Well the only license test in the game at the moment is to unlock sim vs at level 10. Everything else is just level locked. and going from arcade to sim at level 10 using the corolla isn't that much of a stretch. you aren't unlocking higher tier cars, just different physics. Given that the Corolla was a common racing car back in the day it actually makes sense. so what you are suggesting would completely change the entire game. and honestly.. I don't want to have to do license tests just to use the next higher tier cars. Sim mode makes sense as it is actually harder. but unlocking higher level cars... I don't see the need for the license test as it doesn't increase difficulty.

Edit: Also as it is, if you don't intend to ever play Sim vs you don't even need to do the tests ever.