What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

nitrous

Hopefully never with the Nitrous but it has been written elsewhere on the forum missions will be making a return .

That drift item won't be coming back. It was removed because it was a pay to win item.

But without the "kit drift", the simulation mod is totaly unplayable with FR cars upgrade for drift (aero and grip A+) if using joypad.
I have test with Kawana = horrible/impossible

For my team is not an item pay to win but just an item pay to play in simu.
If this item not coming, we need only play in bad arcade mod... it's not cool...

Simu + kit drift = Level R/Heat Online best drive game of the world.

For the problem of pay to win, the solution is easy :
"option room no item" (existing in old game version)
This solution is the better for integrated 100% of items of old game version, and ALL category of players are really enjoy.

The drift is a play for only fun and lose Vs grip veteran.
The grip is a play for only win Vs drift veteran.
My team and me prefear play drift for fun and lose, than play grip for win, the question of pay to win is not a logical question.

And for the argument "not pay to win" i see the future big than a house now...
...99% of player called "i loved fairplay i hate pay to win" stand only "Lancer EVO cheat" for win Vs all other cars...
...It's a paradoxal logical of fairplay...

I remember the RX7 FD with custom upgrade for drift (aero A+ grip A+) in simu without "kit drift" in old game version = 360° when accelerate = unplayable...

Sorry for my bad english, i am french.

Last edited:
Hello,
I agree with what my compatriot says. For us drifting is for fun, having fun doing personal lap times, laughing with friends the interest of project torque is simulation and simulation without drifting for the FR is just zero.
Of course the FF or 4WD its can go but think of the player FR.
Video game is a story of sharing if not what does it rhyme to have taken over this adventure which for the veteran delighted us?
the veteran were among the first on the game we also answered the call.
Let's just keep having fun with our friends or just strangers from around the world.

Well Jack revived Project Torque. He didn't revive Level-R or Heat Online. So if you want one of those 2 games I suggest you start your own project to raise 10k and pay invictus for publish rights of it.

Well Jack revived Project Torque. He didn't revive Level-R or Heat Online. So if you want one of those 2 games I suggest you start your own project to raise 10k and pay invictus for publish rights of it.

And if i good read your message... we are only sheep ?
Majority of player want NOS and Kit drift but minority win ?
i suggest you played only with 33 players to this game if your choice is not the choice of majority...

Just because its what YOU want doesn't make it the majority. you are assuming an awful lot if you think you are the majority of the people who play this game. You want to know who wins? JACK!! he makes all the choices. Not me, not you. so bounce off me ok and find some other asshole to go after.

Hello,

Listen Khrono,
How are you talking to us?
Project torque was announced as a return, a renewal of Heat online and Level R with certain rights to these so-called games
so why we could not hope that the creator of this project does not put back the things that made us like this game?
LarsonDrift and Killgear had many Anglophone knowledge at the time of these games who appreciated these Drift, Nitro, room no item and many more features.
So stop taking yourself for the voice of the creator.
We are all on this game because we appreciate it and not to insult each other, so go back to make Pokémon let's go videos on your youtube channel and let those who want to see the game progress and continue to chat.

Lol. You do realize I've been here since July, donated 100 bucks to the crowdfunding, and have seen Jack on a number of threads state he revived Project Torque, not Heat Online, not Level R. This was never said to be a renewal of the other versions. this was said to be the renewal of Project Torque. If you find it insulting that someone has an opinion different than yours, then I'm sorry you feel that way. but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make it an insult. I've never once insulted you. However feel free to keep insulting me.

Also thank you for visiting my YT Channel and disliking a video that is 4 months old. I don't monetize my videos so you achieved nothing but adding another view to my video. Feel free to down vote all of my videos and waste time that you could spend playing PT browsing my videos.

Last edited:
Well done, the money's excuse, I bought a 20 € pack, but it doesn't give me the right to be as vindictive, and you're pretty vindictive towards my friends and me.
We are just there to express our wishes and say what it does not.
I'm not saying that the initiator of this project is not doing a good job far from it, but we would like to see the game improve and continue as I said earlier.
You have certainly a different opinion, I respect it but you talk about pay to win while the drift kit was also paying RP not only in GP?
As for the question of Nitro I see that for the moment the majority is in agreement with the fact of putting it.

I did not add any view and no dislike on your videos, I do not have fun to dislike for the pleasure and sorry y 'in which work in life.
He can't play 24/7 we have something else to do.

Last edited:
See you take my words as vindictive when I simply offered solutions to your issue. I believe Jack is doing a great job with the game. I also stated the reason he said he removed it back when it was removed. Jack himself called it pay to win. Don't believe me? go check the change logs here on the forum. it was one of the 1st changes he made. Now if you are unhappy with his choice. you are welcome to be so. But forcing that view on others and calling them "evil" and personally attacking them because they think Jack made a wise choice when he removed them... that is uncalled for, and rude. You are the ones being vindictive, rude, and harrassing me. Now please. If the game makes you so unhappy without pay to win items I gave you some alternative games that have such things and I've heard are fun. But do not attack me again.

In fact so you don't have to go and look. here I will paste the entry where Jack said he removed pay to win items, and where he showed the only items he left in at the time.\aweasd.png

Last edited:
Also thank you for visiting my YT Channel and disliking a video that is 4 months old. I don't monetize my videos so you achieved nothing but adding another view to my video. Feel free to down vote all of my videos and waste time that you could spend playing PT browsing my videos.

You are serious ?
We are not kinds, and we never use this stupid revenge method.
None here have problem with your channel Youtube, if one person have dislike one of your video, it's not me and it's not Choc90.

And we want forced alone, we have only suggest restaure all items of old version + an option "room no item use" = all players enjoys.
It's the best solution for have a perfect game for all, with a easy choice of use or not use items.

The first objectif is not win or lose, but only have big fun when drive.
If other players played with items in other room than your room, i think it's not a problem for you... Right or wrong ?

For example, i no love CTF/Sumo/TA/Explorer, but i respect the choice of players like these mods, if they find fun in these mods it's super, if you love drive without item i respect your choice, but please respect the choice of players who find fun when drive with items.

Don't forget, the speed-items can offer the possibility to drive Vs other better class, it's very interesting and this is very cool for all.

Serious questions :
If Kawana use full items for drive Vs a Hexan-GT without item, you think really the driver of Kawana have an objectif of pay to win ?
If RX7-FC use full items for drive Vs a Lancer-EVO without item, you think really the driver of RX7-FC have an objectif of pay to win ?
If R33-GTR use full items for drive Vs a Panama without item, you think really the driver of R33-GTR have an objectif of pay to win ?

If the game become perfect again with large numbers of items choice and an option "room no item use" = 0% of frustrated players = big communauty = very good for the future of the game.

I repeat this, we no want pay to win but only pay to play in simulation with "kit drift" and speed items, and revive the great dream drift experience we have lost in 2014.

If Jack have open this forum, i suppose it's because he want read the suggest of all people, we expose our arguments and he choice, but we don't want he think we want pay to win because it's a lie.

well that is why the cars you just mentioned on in different classes. they aren't meant to be on the same pace. for example kawana is class 1 and is intended to be competitive against other class 1 not a class 2 car such as a hexan. This is why we have the ability to lock rooms to only use 1 class. But I showed you where jack himself called it pay to win. So please STOP coming at me. You seem to be upset over the fundamental basics of how the game is designed and set up and I'm sorry that you are unhappy with it. but I don't have squat to do with that and I love the game as it is right now. if I am an evil bad guy for loving the game as it is right now and thinking Jack is doing a good job then so be it. but leave me alone as I don't make the decisions on this game.

Serious questions :
If Kawana use full items for drive Vs a Hexan-GT without item, you think really the driver of Kawana have an objectif of pay to win ?
If RX7-FC use full items for drive Vs a Lancer-EVO without item, you think really the driver of RX7-FC have an objectif of pay to win ?
If R33-GTR use full items for drive Vs a Panama without item, you think really the driver of R33-GTR have an objectif of pay to win ?

i don't really get the point here.. more or less is like if i'm saying:
if a GP2 series driver go with his car in a Formula 1 race, the GP2 car/driver can pretend to compete with the F1 cars?
If a War Thunder player take his Panzer IV and go in battle versus a Tiger II, they have the same chance to win the battle?
if a mmorpg player with is level 10 character go in a lv 20+ dungeon, he can complete the dungeon? Or he can pretend to go in PvP versus top tier players with PvP gear and can compete or win?

I can make a lot of other examples, but i suppose you understand what i mean.

If i'm a kawana (class 1) driver, why i should want to try to compete with someone with a class 2 car? If i want some chance to win, i go in a room with the "same class" limitation and i race against cars like Corus, Wizz and Lion... Sure for fun i can go to race versus higher class car but i don't pretend to be competitive or win.
That's the same reason because we have different championships in real motorsport. We don't have GP2 cars racing with Formula 1 cars, right? And so we don't have a championship where F1 cars race "stock" and GP2 cars race with nos so they can compensate the higher performance of F1 cars.. no they race in two different categories. Also in "mixed" races like Dakar, endurance and so on they can maybe race togheter, but at the end of the race they compete in different categories with different rankings.
Same in WT or other similar games: a player with a tank from a certain tier always want to battle against other players of the same tier, he don't want premium ammo, premium armor etc to be at the same level of an higher tier tank.

Also: you say "If Kawana use full items for drive Vs a Hexan-GT without item, you think really the driver of Kawana have an objectif of pay to win" but what if also the hexan gt get the same items?

Disclaimer, i don't want to attack you, just asking because i have some difficulties to fully understand your statements/questions. ;)

Also: you say "If Kawana use full items for drive Vs a Hexan-GT without item, you think really the driver of Kawana have an objectif of pay to win" but what if also the hexan gt get the same items?

Disclaimer, i don't want to attack you, just asking because i have some difficulties to fully understand your statements/questions. ;)

If the room-host fixed the rules with other racers of course. ;)
No problem, it's not a n attack, you have understand the essential, thanks.

If speed-items are used with good brain and respect only for reduce the difference of power, the pay to win disappear.
I remember in old version when MX-5 class 2 have speed items and nitro, a real dream when racing vs cars class 3 (except Cobra) and some cars class 4.

My favorite reference is the anime/manga Initial D, the drivers use differents category of cars and sometimes the bad class win, and this game contain 90% of cars of Initial D.

That drift item won't be coming back. It was removed because it was a pay to win item.
just remove the cost of GP and make it like a final mission item (y)
Post automatically merged:

i don't really get the point here.. more or less is like if i'm saying:
if a GP2 series driver go with his car in a Formula 1 race, the GP2 car/driver can pretend to compete with the F1 cars?
If a War Thunder player take his Panzer IV and go in battle versus a Tiger II, they have the same chance to win the battle?
if a mmorpg player with is level 10 character go in a lv 20+ dungeon, he can complete the dungeon? Or he can pretend to go in PvP versus top tier players with PvP gear and can compete or win?

I can make a lot of other examples, but i suppose you understand what i mean.

If i'm a kawana (class 1) driver, why i should want to try to compete with someone with a class 2 car? If i want some chance to win, i go in a room with the "same class" limitation and i race against cars like Corus, Wizz and Lion... Sure for fun i can go to race versus higher class car but i don't pretend to be competitive or win.
That's the same reason because we have different championships in real motorsport. We don't have GP2 cars racing with Formula 1 cars, right? And so we don't have a championship where F1 cars race "stock" and GP2 cars race with nos so they can compensate the higher performance of F1 cars.. no they race in two different categories. Also in "mixed" races like Dakar, endurance and so on they can maybe race togheter, but at the end of the race they compete in different categories with different rankings.
Same in WT or other similar games: a player with a tank from a certain tier always want to battle against other players of the same tier, he don't want premium ammo, premium armor etc to be at the same level of an higher tier tank.

personally i would focus on leveling up first who cares about a win ratio you dont get money in real life for it so why worry about it i race against tier 4-7 cars with a stage 2 car and still finish the race for exp so i can have the same car as them at some point having fun and learning is what you should get out of the game everyone is on this needless quest to be the best its a video game no tournament for real money just have fun thats the motto..