What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Nitrous

Nitro won't be back as an item. There has been talks about re-adding it back as a new mechanic instead of an item. It was was considered Pay to Win as an item and thus removed. Missions won't be back until Jack receives the debadged models of the licensed cars and the rewards have been reworked and bugs/glitches gotten rid of.

I have seen people use it still, so I guess people who paid for it still has it. it gave great advantage, no way other player could win, unless the nitro user crashed enough.

It was removed before accounts were reset at the end of the closed beta. So it is impossible for people to have it now. If you suspect someone has it save a replay and report it for cheating/hacking.

It was removed before accounts were reset at the end of the closed beta. So it is impossible for people to have it now. If you suspect someone has it save a replay and report it for cheating/hacking.
a player was driving horribly, lacking driving technique crashing all over, but then had nitros, and drove super fast.
I saw a nitro effect too.
it was few days ago.
shame I did not have recording on, I should also have saved the replay.
but I will see what I can do later.
but only happen once.
Post automatically merged:

thx for reply, now I know this is not some mistake, remaining stuff people bought, but actually cheating.
silly that people do it.

What you are seeing is called the draft. Following in the draft increases your speed. Just like in real racing the car in front creates a draft and those following have the catchup advantage because the front car is cutting the wind for them. The car following becomes faster because less power is required to accelerate. Thats what your experiencing. Best advice is learn to draft. Check a ytube video about it or something.

^ he didn't provide any video or pictures so you are assuming a lot. you have no clue what he saw. So please don't give him false info based on an assumption that the game is unhackable. there is a very different look to someone using nitro vs the silly rings showing draft. If he was in a ghost on lobby a draft is impossible. So again you are assuming a lot with no evidence to judge.

What you are seeing is called the draft. Following in the draft increases your speed. Just like in real racing the car in front creates a draft and those following have the catchup advantage because the front car is cutting the wind for them. The car following becomes faster because less power is required to accelerate. Thats what your experiencing. Best advice is learn to draft. Check a ytube video about it or something.
it was a 10 lap race with 1 vs 1
I doubt it was drafting, it was the LA track, driver was crashing in most turns, and was far away, then out of nowhere just at the last.
I messed up a little bit, so driver could overtake, but that speed, that's crazy.
it was from regular car super car.
opponents car was barely behind me short time, then had performance increase on on the long straight, then crash then same thing over and over, then stopped, crashed, horrible driving, but it was on last lap there was no crashing, almost like it's intended to trick me, to thinking look a bad driver, and then win.
or maybe it was just a bad driver cheating, who knows, I wish I saved the replay.
I will do that from now on when I see suspicious activity.

My money is on drafting. If ghost was on then it's not. If ghost is off you got drafted. Makes slower cars able to pass, an important part of racing everyone should learn and use.

My money is on drafting. If ghost was on then it's not. If ghost is off you got drafted. Makes slower cars able to pass, an important part of racing everyone should learn and use.
you are probably right, the effect I saw was definitely drafting effect not nitro.