What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

N2O, Cast Your Votes & Opinions

What do you think about modifying N2O ?

• Yes, Add this new system.

• Yes, But replace it whit a NFS styled N20

• No, Remove the N2O system.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I LIKE the idea of NFS n2o ? but I also have a suggestion.

Why not adding it as a car upgrade and then add a shop item to refill it?

I'd personally make it a very simple system:

• NOS becomes a Purchasable performance upgrade (Like ECU, Chassis upgrades, etc.) purchasable with RP
  • Like any part, it has Stages (I, II, III, IV)
  • Each stage improves overall performance and duration.
  • You can adjust the setting towards power/duration with a balancing kit.
  • It can only be used once every race.
  • It can be turned off in room options.
The benefit to the old system would be that anyone can purchase it, so it's not P2W.
If nitrous is really necessary then it should be exactly like this. There isnt too much to think about n2o,the more complex it gets worse it becomes.

If nitrous is really necessary then it should be exactly like this. There isnt too much to think about n2o,the more complex it gets worse it becomes.
That's true, i would suggest having nitrous item, ONLY one stage, nothing else, and the players could choose either to have more power or more duration.

As So far as i can see, the new N2O system would a good have a hold on.
but for the time filling bottle, it think it would be better to make them compressed air bottles rater than N2O, cause you know, realism !

Leave Nos out of the game completely and learn how to win without a crutch .

If all player can buy this item, i search where is the "crutch" problem...
And for no nitro-fan, just add a room-option "no items".

In a room class 1 wangan, Wizz = win... Only because NOS are not in the game.
And in old version, Lancer Evo and Cobra = "cheat car" vs other car without NOS.

If player want fairplay race Class 1 + NOS vs class 2, or class 2 + NOS vs class 3, etc... Nitro a is very good item.

Last edited:
It was seen as a pay to win item, so it won't come back as an item no matter how badly you want it. It might come back as a game mechanic though.

Leave the nitro/nos for NFS.. if i want to spam nitro and do F&F things i play NFS World on a private server or other games.
Or at least, introduce nitro just for some racing categories like drag racing, explorer or whatever, but i don't like the idea of using nitro on a circuit race, for example.

I may be the only one but the most fair to me is the skill\refilling one.. As a K6 user it's the only way to be competitive with the already ruling Lion, i don't care about drag racing or TA, but i can already see it as an argument in normal races.. Already stronger cars gets more advantages from it than a corus or a k6.. Imagine a wizz on wangan with nitro, it need just one use to leave every other class1 behind faster than it already does..
Or for example every track with a significative increasing inclination, Lion will get even further than every other car.
If you are going to implement nitro, just remember, try to think about the whole and make an option for rooms to activate it or not.

make an option for rooms to activate it or not.

Yeah, in this case, with an on/off option like the one for the ghost i have no problem also if we get the nitro implemented on every game mode, because every room master can enable or disable nitro and play the way he like more, then a player can chose to go on rooms with nitro on or off depending on what he want.

I remember in old game version :
Harpoon + Nitro IV + 10% accel + special paper accel on a front glass + 0% of error = egual game in wangan VS GTR34 and Nardo.
I no remember have a sentiment of pay to win, but just pay to have a little little chance of win and a big big chance of lose.

The bonus accel and NOS are very not pay to win when drive little class car Vs big class car.

I remember the Skyline R33 with all this items = bad time than Lancer EVO-cheat + none items...

The first problem of no-fairplay in old game version is the massive users of Lancer EVO-cheat, it's a very bigger problem than a little NOS.

Playing PROJECT TORQUE without the objects is like playing any other car game without interest.
It’s a unique system. That's why I played LevelR and Heat Online.
You could play with the car you liked and compete with another completely smoked car compare to yours.
I was playing a tank. The NISSAN Skyline R33 GTR… extremely heavy as a vehicle. Absolutely no chance against any other class 5 vehicle. Because yes it was class 5.
It was a vehicle purchasable only in GP and it absolutely could not compete against a Stallion purchasable in RP ...
Even class 4 vehicles passed in front of him without the various items on offer.
On paper it was excellent, but because of its weight, it was zero in turns… and I'm not talking about top speed which was… awful. On paper, 305 km / h… in the game, it barely reached 280… and I'm not talking about the almost zero possibilities of tuninq at the engine level.
In real life, it is a vehicle that tunes to 1000 hp without changing the brakes because the GTR (32,33 and 34) are capable of absorbing this power because they were designed for that, but for standards and lower purchase costs, the engine was flanged to 280 hp.
IN SHORT ! PROJECT TORQUE not applicable is like playing any other car game. Not interesting…

Playing PROJECT TORQUE without the objects is like playing any other car game without interest.

Sorry if my first post in this topic made you sad :p but as you have read in the second topic, i'm not totally against nitro, at least if we can choose to activate or deactivate it inside rooms like ghost mode.
Anyway, if you let me joke a little more and just because we're talking about something that make PT different from any other car game, i can say "there's also a lot of racing car game with nitro, playing PT with nitro is like playing any other car game" :p :D

Jokes aside :D i don't think that are just the objects that make PT "special".. we have a lot of things making PT different from any generic racing game, like game modes you can't find in other games, the gameplay itself, the community, actually the possibility to play again this game after years and so on.

Also, actually how many other f2p/online racing games like PT you can find as an alternative? I mean, assuming that playing PT without objects is like playing any other car game and so i want to try another similar game as an alternative, which game i have to play? Maybe i'm running out of memory, but i don't see another game that we can compare with PT, also without objects.
At the moment i can think just to: NFS World (closed, just some private/unofficial servers without people, features missing etc) then ACR (closed) World of Speed (closed again) NFS: Edge (only for Asia, and anyway, closed) and so on, but nothing actually still online. Then i can name a lot of other racing games (arcade, semi-sim, simulator..) but one is buy to play, one isn't a mmorg, one miss most of the features that we have in PT etc.

Just to clarify, i have nothing wrong with objects (if implemented as said before, no p2w etc etc) i'm just trying to explain that saying "Playing PROJECT TORQUE without the objects is like playing any other car game without interest" is very reductive towards the game. ;)

Well the classes have been redone and the R33 is not in game atm nor do we know what class it will fall under. If you want to play a pay to win game, may I suggest any of the NFS games made by EA?

You suggest wrong, you have not read the message of Killgear it's really impossible...
He is one of the very fairplay player, for Killgear the fun is better than the win and he dislike EA games (and Lancer EVO-cheat)... He just love the old version of Project Torque/level R/Heat online, he have played 6 years to this old game.
If the fairplay have a name, he is named Killgear.

After discussion all my team suggest you are one of the first player played Lancer Evo-cheat when she come, it's 100% sure for all members ! (and all suggest you have a big problem of respect and kind attitude when you write).

The rules are fixed by 29.2% (33 persons) of players (LOL :unsure:), we are not stupid we know read, it's ok, you are the master and we are your slave...
But i don't know what is the utility of the survey if the rules are fixed by you and only you... We vote but you decide... super !

The easy soluce for have a big communauty it's only create option "room without item", but you think you are alone to play...

In my personal opinion you are a egoist person, if you want the game close because none want play with an imperfect game, you use the perfect attitude.

I suggest you use empathy before write a commentary next time, if it's in your vocabulary of course.

what are you on about? what lancer evo cheat? I've actually never owned either in the game. I played PT and Heat Online. And you and your "crew" can vote and decide w/e you want. I'm not sure if you've noticed but I sort of don't care what others think of me. hate me, love me, I couldn't care less. You can judge me all you want, but judging someone based on limited knowledge is a slippery slope. I don't have any say so over this game, and am not staff so where you think I am some sort of master and have control is beyond me. I'm just a player wanting PT to be the best version of itself which means not having silly cheat items in it like nos, grip etc. Again if not having those makes you no longer like the game, by all means uninstall and go play mariokart with all the items you could want. No one is forcing you to play a game that isn't fun for you. So don't get mad at me for giving you a legit suggestion for an alternative. If you don't like my suggestion well thats on you. Not my problem. I will be in PT enjoying my fair racing.

what are you on about? what lancer evo cheat? I've actually never owned either in the game. I played PT and Heat Online. And you and your "crew" can vote and decide w/e you want. I'm not sure if you've noticed but I sort of don't care what others think of me. hate me, love me, I couldn't care less. You can judge me all you want, but judging someone based on limited knowledge is a slippery slope. I don't have any say so over this game, and am not staff so where you think I am some sort of master and have control is beyond me. I'm just a player wanting PT to be the best version of itself which means not having silly cheat items in it like nos, grip etc. Again if not having those makes you no longer like the game, by all means uninstall and go play mariokart with all the items you could want. No one is forcing you to play a game that isn't fun for you. So don't get mad at me for giving you a legit suggestion for an alternative. If you don't like my suggestion well thats on you. Not my problem. I will be in PT enjoying my fair racing.

You definitelly not read the commentary...
We have perfect explain the conditions when this items are not pay to win, but you prefer insult of "mario kar players" or "EA games players".
Nice attitude man, nice attitude...