What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

My 2 cents

DaciaRacer

So i used to play this game way back, i think it had a different name not sure if the licensing for this is being passed around different companies or what's the deal but doesn't matter, now i look for a more realistic feel for my racing games since now i actually have some knowledge about racing outside of the arcade genre, but i'm not here to comment on the physics or realism because i'm playing on a basic laptop with mouse and keyboard so i don't think it's fair that i comment on that without a proper rig and forcefeedback wheel and pedals, but i do have some comments to make, mostly about drift mode, i haven't been playing that long anyways i'm sure i'll have more to say in the future.

Speed seems to not really influence that much (if at all?) the points you get while drifting, i imagine this is supposed to help low power cars have a chance in making some points but i don't think low speed drifting should get you anywhere near as much points as fast nice flowing drifts that actually follow the circuits lines, which would be a motivation to either make your car faster or buy a faster car, which is more rewarding both for you guys and the players.

Also some bonus points for close calls like coming close to walls and stuff and extra points for hitting inside and outside markers and getting the perfect line right would be amazing, i'm trying to keep my suggestions realistic so that they work with the existing concept of the game and not trying to create a whole new game because otherwise i'd have some more suggestions, like gear ratio tunning and etc.

I get that this game should be accesible to most people,which seems to be working, anyways when it comes to drift mode that's basically it , just some tweaks with the point system should make it much more enjoyable, drifting should be about flow and speed and connecting the right lines around a circuit, if you get beat by some dude who's just doing S's in first gear going like 10 kmph while you're trying to get the right lines and connect corners i don't think that's a very enjoyable experience, i'm sure i'm not alone on this.

Also i seem to remember there being more cars to choose back in the day when i played this, i saw that you released a new track so maybe you're in the process of adding content to the game already, the track selections is nice but i think the cars need a bit more variety, but at least each class has cars with different attributes and different racing strategies which is really important otherwise everyone is just doing the same thing, can't really comment on the graphics because of my pc's specs atm, physics seem definitely worthy of a controler at least, can't comment on the wheel situation though,maybe some more tunning options for the cars set up and for the wheel forcefeedback.

I haven't been playing this for too long so i'm sure i'll have more to say in the future since there's some aspects of the game i haven't really got to experience that well yet, i get that maybe i'm asking too much for the drift mode but i'm sure you can at least get something good out of all this rambling that can realistically be implemented in the game eventually.

It's a work in progress atm...much loved and a good forseeable future , be sure to throw some cash in via Gp to support the project going forward. (y)

Dacia, this game has come in a couple different names, depending on where it was released, and who released it, 1 of them being LevelR. As for the other vehicles, this dev team is still waiting on the other models from Invictus. All the old models with real world names were licensed, and that license was not transferable to this dev team, so we have to use the "look-a-like" models once they are recieved.

Either that or we have to find good modelers who can supply models, if that is an option for us.

Dacia, this game has come in a couple different names, depending on where it was released, and who released it, 1 of them being LevelR. As for the other vehicles, this dev team is still waiting on the other models from Invictus. All the old models with real world names were licensed, and that license was not transferable to this dev team, so we have to use the "look-a-like" models once they are recieved.

Either that or we have to find good modelers who can supply models, if that is an option for us.
lol @ us, yes i get it recycle and cash in, it's still a nice game for what it is and the community is small but good you can have some actual racing going.