What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Music stream integration

TorQueHQ

Hello there,
I was thinking about what i would like to see new in the game and thought about a function i always wanted the game to have which was allowing users in a crew to make a playlist let's say on Spotify and then being able to stream the songs on the game either during races or in the game lobby.
The simpler way would be to make a playlist and share the link but yeah..
As i further searched, Spotify is not into allowing this kind of stuff yet: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Partnership-SDK-for-Video-Game-Integration/idi-p/1249346 but still we can use the browser player and listen for free.
Well that was my suggestion ;)
Thank you

Well, in game there is a folder where you add your music and by setting (own music) in game settings menu, you can listen to your MP3 files.
If you are talking about streaming music and synchronizing it with other players in same room or race, then yes, it would be nice option to have, tho im not sure it would happen because of possible copyright issues.

Well, in game there is a folder where you add your music and by setting (own music) in game settings menu, you can listen to your MP3 files.
If you are talking about streaming music and synchronizing it with other players in same room or race, then yes, it would be nice option to have, tho im not sure it would happen because of possible copyright issues.
Yes im was talking about streaming music from a playlist like said, from spotify, using probably the web browser client, would be a nice addition somehting like that..

To be honest i like idea of synchronizing music in room with other players, would be like a little party, with DJ (room creator) who set music.

Well, its easy, there should be an option to disable music synchronization, problem solved :)

Hi all, I'm checking this game again this weekend for first time, after being a major addict on it, back on the 2000s :).

About this music playlist sync, I don't use Discord much, but I had idea you could have a room on discord with your friends, and play music there so all in room could listen to same music

Hi all, I'm checking this game again this weekend for first time, after being a major addict on it, back on the 2000s :).

About this music playlist sync, I don't use Discord much, but I had idea you could have a room on discord with your friends, and play music there so all in room could listen to same music
yes u can do this in voice channels in discord , join server with ur friends nd u will listen to any music u want by any music bot discord u want ;)