What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

mouse cursor

Ive got the same problem. However it seems to be a new problem, to me it happend after a windows 10 update.

This problem is very different to the classic problem where the cursor of the mouse disappears. In this case the cursor gets invisible once you're above any icon you can click at.
I'll explain it like this: You join the game and you can view the moving of your cursor... but once you move the cursor to any icon like "play", "pratice", "roomname", "playername" etc it will disappear as long as your cursor is next to any of theses icons. Once you move it to a "neutral positioin" the cursor will appear again

Its not a game breaking thing but it's really annoying.

Same here,
I guess it's the "other" mouse pointer who shows the left/right click option (with the red buttons) is "missing"

Happens also here after the latest win 10 update & update .NET 3.5 & 4.8

Ive got the same problem. However it seems to be a new problem, to me it happend after a windows 10 update.

This problem is very different to the classic problem where the cursor of the mouse disappears. In this case the cursor gets invisible once you're above any icon you can click at.
I'll explain it like this: You join the game and you can view the moving of your cursor... but once you move the cursor to any icon like "play", "pratice", "roomname", "playername" etc it will disappear as long as your cursor is next to any of theses icons. Once you move it to a "neutral positioin" the cursor will appear again

Its not a game breaking thing but it's really annoying.

got same problem

I have the same new mouse problem as M.V.P.. I think my issue started with the 2020-01 updates in the screenshot.

Windows 10 home 64bit
intel i7-490k
amd R270
game 2560 x 1440 (1920 x 1080 display)

1tempPTwud.jpg

Exactly, it is a windows 10 issue. For me its not a big deal though. it just blinks for me and doesn't fully vanish so I can see it well enough.

If you have that framework update from windows it will be a thing. idk if windows 7 had an update recently or not but I'd say there's a chance it might have.

Nah, I was fine when i started, then overnight, my mouse went glitchy. had no windows updates before it. something with the game seems to have done it, as now my game just went completely glitchy, with the tunnel from Wangan being black & white / untextured, and the race being glitchy too. so i'm guessing, the last update with the game, has done something.

This is due to the KB4535101 (apparently) update from the looks of it and not the game.

Last edited:
Yes KB4535101 is an update for .NET framework.
However in (near/far) future we all have to update it so we all might face this problem.

Sooner or later everyone is going to face this problem, for those still looking for a solution, there is none, at least permanently, but we can uninstall the latest .NET Framework update and for that,

Please follow the steps below:
  • Type Programs in the search bar and select Programs and Features.
  • Click on everything that starts with "Microsoft .NET," doing newest versions first.
  • Click on Uninstall.​
Then go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework and download only .NET Framework 4.7.2
Change your windows update settings for manual download, otherwise it will download the latest .NET Framework and the problem will be there again.