What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

mouse cursor

Fix didn't work. Uninstalled all .Nets, downloaded 4.7.2, the game is still, missing my mouse. Double checked, and.. 4.7.2 is installed, nothing else. Are you guys sure that, is the cause of it?

Edit: Just noticed all messages start from the 15th of Jan. Which is probably around the same time mine started , However, that update you've listed, Was added back in December. Which is before, I joined the game. So if that update really is the root cause here, shouldn't that have caused it from day 1? and not, 2 days later?

I suspect multiple things may be causing this. I have tried your work-arounds, and they didn't work, I still had the same issue even after removing KB4534273 & Installing the earlier version. I also noticed KB4534273 for my computer was installed in December, I started the game on the 13th of January. Had no issues, but on the 15th, that's when my mouse started to disappear. So for me, I don't think KB4534273 is/was the issue, as otherwise it would have done it when i first started the game , and, wouldn't still be doing it even after it was removed.

This happened to me from the last modification of STEAM but before that It was apparent.... The topic is really boring, I have to LOG OUT of the game and enter again to see it again!

Missing mouse pointer, so far only seen when returning to room after a race. KB 4540673 installed and win 10 pro all updated. Pressing Y to get the chatbox makes the cursor re-appear but only while the chatbox is open; close chat and it vanishes again. I didn't try the trunk key.

Note that the mouse does actually still work -the cursor is invisible but clicking on highlighted things still works. Tricky to highlight them though :)

[edit] after playing a bit more, it might be the chat that is vanishing the pointer: looks like opening chat with Y is fine but closing chat the pointer disappears. Opening the trunk (default key I, as suggested elsewhere) and closing it again makes the pointer come back. Open chat and close the pointer vanishes again. This was also happening in the lobby screen.

Last edited:
Windows 7 still seems to have the issue.
I can confirm having it, I have a computer with Win 7 and I have that issue there.