What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Motivation to play

Lmao I don't say what I say to make myself feel anything. I'm bluntly honest because I prefer truth over sugar coated bs. Sorry some people can't handle that. Also nothing to help new people? I did an entire video showing lap times of the class 1 cars. So yes, yes there is help for those willing to look. Just go online and type project torque and you will find info. How do you think I figure things out in any new game I play? I google it. Thing is everyone is too damn lazy to google anything and want to be spoon fed the info on a silver platter with a golden spoon.Yes I know what its like to "pick the wrong car" back in the old days when I first played PT guess what... I did pick the Corus and I lost, a lot. I sucked it up and dealt with it. Every racing game has starter cars that aren't as good as others. and sometimes you make the wrong choice and make life hard on yourself. It happens. The thing is how do you handle said situation? Do you sit around blaming everyone else and complaining? Or do you suck it up and keep grinding? How someone responds to said struggles says a lot about their character. So I am sorry but I feel no pity for new guys complaining when they did no google search, did no forum search, and blame everything and everyone else because they rushed in without doing a little research. Own your choices and make them work for you. Hell I still have an old video about how to get the corus to drift so you can farm PD's back in the day to make farming easier back in HO

You really shouldn't need to make an entire research before starting a game.
Every game has the "bad" starter car, but even that one has a shot at being competent.
"Suck it up and move on buttercup" is the most selfish solution to anything ever. Not everyone is like you, not everyone will "suck it up".
"Own your choices and make them work for you" would work if the Corus was actually competent in some form.
Even with the right setup, the Corus falls behind on anything. I have the Corus and it's VERY hard to stick to the pack because anything will overtake you.

If a video game is beyond what you can deal with and handle and beyond you being able to just deal with shit in it. You need to stop playing the game, turn of the computer, pick of the phone and make an appointment to get mental help. You have much bigger issues if a video game causes you that much anguish.

There's a big difference in having to deal with literally no chances to win and picking the hard option.

Give your advice to someone who asks for it. As I recall I never asked for yours. Nor do I need it. However thanks for playing whose the bigger jackass, you beat me by a long shot. Congrats.

Now do you want to continue making personal attacks because I can do that all day if you want Tai. However I'd prefer to stick to the topic at hand. My statement earlier was not a personal attack on anyone unlike yours. But rather a generalized statement about people who let games get them worked up.

If we're playing who's the biggest jackass, you won from the moment you said "suck it up and move on".
that's exactly the mindset that doesn't bring anything to the table.

Oh really? like making a personal attack was so productive of him and of great value to bring to the convo? Stop playing favorites. We were having a fine convo about the actual topic no one was making it personal until him. So please stick to the topic. If you have beef with me PM me. we can have it out all you want to in PM. Otherwise stick on topic.

you know who says that the game its good as it is....... well only those guys who create new account and farm on closed door rooms to farm 20 min to get 40k rp and xp...... and those higher lvls all did this soooo..... i m bouching for new players that normally play the game and only get from 150 to 300 per race..... how many races do you think you will need to do that to get a tier 2 or 3 car? not to inmagine a tier 7 or 9 anyways ( gms or supporters of the game ) when you enter the sever whats the first tier races you see in game ? ( thats right tier 1 or 2 ) 99% of the time...... who ever comes here saying ( hey i been playing in tier 3 4 5 6 7 etc.... ) stop bullshetting ....... the game masters of this game needs to increase income so people buy your cars..... you need money well faster cars with real money and all upgrades with rp thats a fair thing to do....and good sportsmanship increase % cars increase % the higher the tier it is.....if you dont want to see lvl 30 players only either ( FARMING IN CLOSING DOORS ) o only playing in rooms with tier 1 or 2 because of the people that dont have enough time to play the game since each race gives so fking dang low rp and xp...... totally up to you...... i recomend this game but because of it 3 friends already moved on ( me i will keep playign till it closes ) just trying to open your view of whats happening right now...... hope you reflect and help the new players get what they need to catch up to us and we can start seeing higher tiers in rooms besides tier 1 and 2 !!!!!!!! i didnt mean to disrespect anyone here, have a nice day and see you in the game

From my point of view the in game economy is okay, you get a decent amount of RP for your races and you will have your first cars in no time. Sure thing is you will spend a lot of time grinding RP to get atleast one of the high class cars. And i cant blame players who are doing this in closed rooms because they have reasons to do so. I prefer to race in open rooms and get my points this way even if it takes much longer since most them are vote rooms with less laps.
Yes, higher class rooms are rare but i think its because that atm a lot of cars are missing in game and not everyone likes to drive the class 2 cars or class 4 cobra or whatever. So they stick to the lower classes and farm for whatever car they want to buy and thats totally fine.

From my point of view the in game economy is okay, you get a decent amount of RP for your races and you will have your first cars in no time. Sure thing is you will spend a lot of time grinding RP to get atleast one of the high class cars. And i cant blame players who are doing this in closed rooms because they have reasons to do so. I prefer to race in open rooms and get my points this way even if it takes much longer since most them are vote rooms with less laps.
Yes, higher class rooms are rare but i think its because that atm a lot of cars are missing in game and not everyone likes to drive the class 2 cars or class 4 cobra or whatever. So they stick to the lower classes and farm for whatever car they want to buy and thats totally fine.

This 100%, combined with some funky level unlocks.

Yes, i forgot the needed levels to unlock specific cars. How could i? But hey, good thing is, if you farm for RP you will get XP for free :D
I meant some unlock levels not making a lot of sense.
The Spiedo unlocks at the same time as Class 5, so why bother with class 5?

Okay from that point of view you are sure right but at the moment this is just the spiedo who goes with same unlock levels as phoenix and stallion? And i have to admit, i bought the spiedo instead of the other two cars. But i would say its a matter of taste, not that i dislike the other cars, i just like the spiedo a little bit more :D

Okay from that point of view you are sure right but at the moment this is just the spiedo who goes with same unlock levels as phoenix and stallion? And i have to admit, i bought the spiedo instead of the other two cars. But i would say its a matter of taste, not that i dislike the other cars, i just like the spiedo a little bit more :D
I'm on the same boat, I'm waiting for the Yamata Millennium for Class 5, but others go for the Spiedo because of how superior it is.

Shut the fuck up Khrono Fujiwara stop acting like you are the God among Brains and start understanding other people's views without exaggerating their Points.

I don't care you stupid ass little ass bitch fuck off

I hope that you will not be insulting to anyone or you will be banned .. everyone has his opinion. We help and in the end the opinion saw Jack as he is the most knowledgeable person about this game. So please do not offend others or you will be BANNED