What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

More players in lobby

Mr. Blitz

Hi all...

It's my wish to make championships around a community I've been trying to start since the project was greenlit. But one of the major issues concerning races are the number of players a lobby can have at the same time.

Is there a way a bigger lobby (16-32 people) can be implemented? I Imagine probably the most difficult part of this is concerning track grids. But surely it's not something that can't be done.

Thanks in advance for reading this, and cheers!

actually it can't, the track grid is a part of the map itself so each individual map would have to be redone. its not as simple as just changing a number in code.

actually it can't, the track grid is a part of the map itself so each individual map would have to be redone. its not as simple as just changing a number in code.

Exactly as I was suspecting. It would need probably something as a new set of coords for each grid position. That assuming the resources to edit the maps are available.

About the only suggestion I have for this would be to utilize the Discord channel. From there you could organize people and races under a locked room so others couldn't interfere. Could name the room something like "Use Game Discord - Championships" to allow people to know what is up and where to go.