What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Maximum players - Team thunder alley

TorQueHQ

Hello,
As far as i remember, the player limit per room as set to 8 players, is there a way for we to get 16 player (if is not already) in normal game modes and add the ability of Team thunder alley race, where players from different crews can be associated to 2 teams and the one with the most players in the finish order gets the win?

Well as it was discussed in discord it turns out it was already 16 in TA and 8 everywhere else. I would like to boost everywhere else to 16 and TA to 32. Also have some sort of buff in team mode where team mates pitting together have a slightly faster refueling, teammates drafting have a higher effectiveness meaning teams that work together well will be faster. Also makes these buffs flat rate. not based on number of members in a team as to keep it fair, but encourage teamwork with your teammates. I believe this will make the TA feel even more like Nascar. Also just have this as an option that can be turned on and off in TA or even a completely separate mode called Team TA. Main thing is to leave the option to do TA as it always has been as well.

It isn't necessary to make an entirely new lobby for Team TA and TA. Just have separate room icons to distinguish them and have a check box in the room options. Same for every mode with a team variant.

I would suggest 20 for Vs and Explorer, 40 for TA, 10 for CTF and RTF, and 6 for Drift and Drag

Most tracks in Vs can easily accommodate 20 vehicles, TA can definitely accommodate 40, CTF and RTF are generally played in smaller maps so 10 is a better number, and drift/drag are even more limited in size, usually, so 6 would be better for them.

Increasing the player count will be tricky. The maps are the limitation here as the pit stops are finite.

Been reviewing the source code and TA does support up to 30 players.
Need to check the small map though. This might have been turned down to 30 as the small map might not have 30 spaces.

More than likely it was due to performance back in the day of dial up and ADSL internet connections.

You can count the spaces, will upload the other track later.

Last edited:
Been reviewing the source code and TA does support up to 30 players.
Need to check the small map though. This might have been turned down to 30 as the small map might not have 30 spaces.

More than likely it was due to performance back in the day of dial up and ADSL internet connections.

You can count the spaces, will upload the other track later.
That's great, hopefully it can be implemented easily.

Jack, but you can make it so that on different tracks, you can put a different number of players, on Dayton 30 people, on a small circle 20 people, and on the triangular track also 20?

Jack, but you can make it so that on different tracks, you can put a different number of players, on Dayton 30 people, on a small circle 20 people, and on the triangular track also 20?
The problem with that, mainly, is when you want to switch to a smaller track. I would suggest maybe widening pit lane on the small track and putting pit boxes on both sides.

I forgot to check thr small map today.
Will try tomorrow.

One option is to overlap the pits by a small %.
Out of 30 players, what is chance of pitting at same time as another player that just so happens to be next to you.

Would require testing.

Will try tomorrow.

Out of 30 players, what is chance of pitting at same time as another player that just so happens to be next to you.

Would require testing.
Could possibly force ghost mode in the pits maybe?

Will try tomorrow.

Would require testing.
There are no collisions in pit tops -_-

Could possibly force ghost mode in the pits maybe?
This is so, in the standard...