What's new
Project Torque Community Forums

Welcome to the ProjectTorque forum! You will need to register an account here to play the game. Click the register button and sign in with Steam. Use a legitimate email as this is used for account recovery if you forget your password. We will never spam you or sell your user data!

Massive steering wheel/controller delays (Explanation)

szaone

I got massive steering wheel imput lag. A very frustrating bug which makes the game very unplayable.

Steering wheel: Speed link Sl - 6696.

Options: My steering wheel is moving/going back to normal position (center) faster than the "test knob" (options/control/test your controls here/steering).
Race (TA): The more cars the worse the imput lag.

PS: The imput lag gets worse (or begins?) after i chose ta (rookie) or ta practice (rookie) and gets smaller after chosing for example arcade practice (wizz) or arcade. In short: Chosing between this two modes (arcade and ta) increase or decrease the speed of reaction of the steering wheel. I did not test other modes. PS2. I did another test. If you chose practice sim it also decrease the speed of reaction of the wheel and if you chose arcade practice the speed of reaction of the wheel increase. PS3: Throttle, break and gas work perfect.

Attachments

• 191229_223006.log
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
TA and SIM use the same physics. Arcade uses a different set of physics. The change you is noticing is the change in how the physics work with a wheel.

Nope there is big steering wheel imput lag there. I know how imput lag looks like. Make inside view and move your steering wheel very fast left and right and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

Last edited:
I don't have a wheel so no I wouldn't lol. I use a controller. but going by what you said it sounds related to the physics change.

Idk but like i said the steering wheel in the inside view reacts with very big delay. Imput lag has nothing to do with sim.

there is one more issue with wheel , it seems to me like throttle and brake have issue too, when i push them to bottom it seems like game only use 99%, when i use keyboard then it show
that it use 100%

Untitled-1.png

This version of PT lacks an advanced menu and a"steering response" slider... I think the server admins are able to change the value to zero. I think they changed the value in order to help keyboard users and caused controller/steering wheel delays experienced by all controller/steering wheel users. BTW: Can we use any commands/start options to set the value to zero? https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/1112400/manuals/Project_Torque_Diane_Handbuch.pdf Here is a screen from PT "Diane Client 2.0.0.32".Dwm 2020-01-11 15-34-37-09.jpg

Last edited:
IDK if this will help but for my 270 degree digital wheel with:
D-input never does any of those things ever.
X360ce emulator does all of those things in other games.

oh and for my wheel the range 100-900 = sensitivity (it feels like my tire pressure in TA)